WOW, man. Your music is energetic!

I really like the vocalist - in the beginning of the second song (Maria) he sounds a bit like Maynard lol! And he can do some decent growling too. The guitar work in the first song really appealed to me - it's tight, fast and strict... just the way I like it haha!

Keep up the good work!
Gear:
Parker Nitefly-M
Carvin DC 727 Custom w/ Bare Knuckle Pickups
ENGL E625 Fireball 60
BM 2x12" Celestion Vintage30 Custom cab
Line6 POD x3 Live
Behringer V-Tone GMX210, lol.

www.serpentia.pl
www.soundcloud.com/harpo777
While that kind of metalcore stuff is not really my thing, you did a very good job of creating that sort of sound, and you did it more uniquely than most bands that try that kind of music. I liked the harsh vocals a lot more than I usually do with metalcore bands. But I didn't really like the clean vocals.

If you feel so inclined, I would love for you to critique both the bands in my sig.
Like punk the way it used to be? Deranged Youth Its like what Warped Tour should be!

Want to hear something mind-blowing? Pit O' Bodies Its like an amateur hypnotist plus the Spanish Inquisition!
Quote by pitobodies
While that kind of metalcore stuff is not really my thing, you did a very good job of creating that sort of sound, and you did it more uniquely than most bands that try that kind of music. I liked the harsh vocals a lot more than I usually do with metalcore bands. But I didn't really like the clean vocals.

If you feel so inclined, I would love for you to critique both the bands in my sig.

Pit O' Bodies- Quite honestly that was terrible. I'm not saying your band is terrible but the way I heard it just didn't work. First off it sounds like you didn't record very well, it doesn't sound together it sounds layered (if that makes sense). I know it's supposed to be a parody but if your goal is to make it comical you need to make it so your listener knows that, and can understand the lyrics which I'm assuming is the funny part? If you didn't say it was a parody in the title and that it was supposed to be comical I would have just thought you were a really terrible screamo band. Maybe check out something like Austrian Death Machine for some metal parody ideas, it's a hard thing to pull off. I couldn't really hear the drums, or bass, but the guitarist from what I could tell was good, and the vocals I don't know if you were trying to sound that way to be funny or you really sing that badly. Sorry I know this sounds harsh but, if you guys got some better recordings I think it might change my opinion a lot.

The myspace for the other band didn't work
Quote by MR. Goodcents
Thanks man, if you have anything you want me to critique I'd be happy to.

Yeah, actually I would be grateful for your review of the song I have in my sig. I'll upload more this weekend so the projects musical direction will be more clear hopefully...
Gear:
Parker Nitefly-M
ENGL E625 Fireball 60
Line6 POD x3 Live

www.serpentia.pl
Quote by MR. Goodcents
WALL OF TEXT

Well, the MySpace specifically says Metal/Experimental/COMEDY for the genres, and the metalcore song also specifically says "LO-FI" right on it. The recording quality on the other songs, which you should go back and also listen to, are quite a bit better, although by no means professional. And yes, I do really sing that terrible. I'm well aware of it. From your reaction, though, it sounds like we achieved what we set out to do.

And if you can't deal with bad recording quality, don't even bother with the other band. That was recorded with a cassette player in the middle of a basement. If you care to listen, though, its some pretty badass old-school hardcore punk.
Like punk the way it used to be? Deranged Youth Its like what Warped Tour should be!

Want to hear something mind-blowing? Pit O' Bodies Its like an amateur hypnotist plus the Spanish Inquisition!
Last edited by pitobodies at Dec 29, 2009,
Quote by pitobodies
Well, the MySpace specifically says Metal/Experimental/COMEDY for the genres, and the metalcore song also specifically says "LO-FI" right on it. The recording quality on the other songs, which you should go back and also listen to, are quite a bit better, although by no means professional. And yes, I do really sing that terrible. I'm well aware of it. From your reaction, though, it sounds like we achieved what we set out to do.

And if you can't deal with bad recording quality, don't even bother with the other band. That was recorded with a cassette player in the middle of a basement. If you care to listen, though, its some pretty badass old-school hardcore punk.

Ok finally found the player on your myspace, for some reason it made the page huge and I had to scroll over to find it? But I like the other band, some good old school punk, maybe just try and make the songs longer lol! I did listen to most of the songs from Pit o bodies, I was just saying I don't think I got the full effect of the band from the recordings, and I think hearing you in person or a better recording would make a huge difference. Low quality recordings are fine, I've done plenty. I just think it really made the sound of pit o bodies suffer.
Maria sounded kinda like Mastodon Overall I really liked it dude, and I'm not even a metalcore guy anyway.
The playground of the world
Quote by The_flower_king
Yeah, actually I would be grateful for your review of the song I have in my sig. I'll upload more this weekend so the projects musical direction will be more clear hopefully...

Dude that was awesome, really good stuff. It's one of those songs that could just get you into a trance. Some small complaints 1. Guitar is a bit repetitive, have your lead guy be playing something over all of those repeating parts. I liked the rhythm being played I just sorta got tired of it repeating. 2. Drums need to be doing more, the guitar leaves a lot of spaces for the drummer to take advantage of, but he sorta just sticks to the quarter notes and plays with the guitar.
Quote by MR. Goodcents
Dude that was awesome, really good stuff. It's one of those songs that could just get you into a trance. Some small complaints 1. Guitar is a bit repetitive, have your lead guy be playing something over all of those repeating parts. I liked the rhythm being played I just sorta got tired of it repeating. 2. Drums need to be doing more, the guitar leaves a lot of spaces for the drummer to take advantage of, but he sorta just sticks to the quarter notes and plays with the guitar.

Thanks man. Actually I'm the only person involved in this project, so all the instruments are recorded by me. It'll take a long time for me to learn to build (and program) great sounding drum parts. I'll stick to your advice when I'll be preparing the final versions of the songs!

Thanks again and have yourself a happy New year! ; - )
Gear:
Parker Nitefly-M
ENGL E625 Fireball 60
Line6 POD x3 Live

www.serpentia.pl
Thanks man. Actually I'm the only person involved in this project, so all the instruments are recorded by me. It'll take a long time for me to learn to build (and program) great sounding drum parts. I'll stick to your advice when I'll be preparing the final versions of the songs!

Your drums are programmed? They sound pretty good then, but if you can I'd try and get a real drummer in there. I'd offer to record them if you want, but I can't get that good of quality of a recording.
One of the riffs in the beginning of Maria sounded almost exactly like a riff from The Day that Never Comes. Also, on your Myspace it says "Send Mesage". But yeah, the overall sound quality is great. The genre isn't really my thing (I'm more into power/progressive metal), so I won't really comment much on the musical aspects, but I still liked it.
Social historian Terri Kessell has a special interest in the early contact period of Maori and European in the late 18th early 19th century.

In the fictionalised true story BURNING THE EVIDENCE we see Ann Morley , once a convict but now a woman of means, journeying from Australia back to England via New Zealand on the sailing ship Boyd .

BURNING THE EVIDENCE tells the extraordinary story of what happened to the Boyd and to Ann Morley in the Bay of Islands, which becomes the most dangerous place on earth where no ship dare call.