I have my esp ltd m400 all tuned up after replacing strings, i lock the nuts in, and they go out of tune. W.T.F. Also, when they were locked and tuned, of course they go out of tune if i just touch the tremolo... i suck at guitar enough, i dont have time to suck at this too.
ESP LTD m400
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ Sanpera I
Dunlop Crybaby Wah pedal
ISP Decimator

"Dream big, and dare to fail. I dare you to do that." - James Hetfield, HoF Speech, 09
i dont mean to be rude but has it been set up properly?
Yes it is normal for your guitar to go slightly out of tune, then you employ the fine tuners.
NOTE* make sure the locks on the nut are straight when you do them up
IF you have a string retainer on your headstock, make sure it's tightened down enough. That'll keep it pretty much perfect when you lock the nut
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
if by string retainer you mean the bar that is above the nuts, then OHHH. I took that off when i changed the strings, so i didnt tighten it down enough. TY so much
ESP LTD m400
Dunlop Crybaby Wah pedal
ISP Decimator

"Dream big, and dare to fail. I dare you to do that." - James Hetfield, HoF Speech, 09
btw, are the fine tuners supposed to be aligned?
ESP LTD m400
Dunlop Crybaby Wah pedal
ISP Decimator

No, they're not. They're supposed to be adjusted however much puts the string in tune.
Also make sure your strings are stretched.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Also make sure your strings are stretched.
This is probably the root of your problems. New strings that haven't been pre-stretched will take ages to get their on their own.

When restringing a floating bridge I always pre-stretch (take the string before putting it on the guitar and run it's length between pinched fingers) and then play for a while without locking the nut. This typically gets the strings to the point where the fine tuners can take care of any further tuning instabilities.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
lol yeah,
ESP LTD m400
Dunlop Crybaby Wah pedal
ISP Decimator

You need to put that string retainer back on and set low enough that the strings make contact with the nut for its entire width (front to back). If not, when you tighten the locks they will pull everything sharp. Here's a little drawing to help illustrate what I'm saying....correct on the left, incorrect on the right...

Play the guitar for about an hour or something without the locking nut. When you feel that the strings are properly stretched then tune up to pitch then lock the nut down.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R