Page 1 of 2
I don't mean any disrespect to the band or Jimmy with this thread. Whether you like Avenged Sevenfold or not they were for the most part considered to be a very popular and huge band that influenced a lot of people in various ways. I live here in OC and remember seeing these guys in concert way back before they got huge when they were playing at places like warped and chain.

Since then I've strayed from the band but they still have some good songs here and there but it sucks to hear news like this esp. when he was very talented and only 28 years old.

So WITH NO FIGHTING LIKE LITTLE KIDS (I understand people either really hate the band or love them just respect each other) what do you think the band is going to do? Break up out of respect for Jimmy or take their time find a new drummer and move on?
They'd probably post in the A7X thread.

EDIT:

I don't know actually. I don't know if they'd replace him.

The next album sounded like it would've been awesome.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
close this thread, there's a thread on his death already in the Pit as well as a thread dedicated to the Avenged Sevenfold in the B&A forum.

it's going to get closed anyway, might as well do it yourself.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
I think they'll take a break but inevitably replace him. Or they form a new band
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
I kinda hope they keep going but at the same time im kind of afraid to hear their new new sound. I loved their music, especially WTF, and I hope they work something out. He was a major part in their song writing process so I dont know what they will sound like without him.
Do we really need another thread on this? No offense TS, I know you're trying to have an actual discussion, but with the way the other thread turned out, I don't see this one being any better.
#57 in UG Top 100 2010!

I really ought to get my username changed...
^^cocksucker^^
If you say Randy Rhoads isn't amazing, I will hunt you down (Same for Marty Friedman)Founder of Rhoads/Friedman pm if you want in..
"guitarists have a thing, where their guitar is like an extension of their penis.." well said, ozzy
This is horrible news.Avenged Sevenfold is an amazing band and I hope thay can continue on, but I'm sure the other members won't worry about that for awhile.

RIP The Rev.
I don't know anything about the band.

The band could go downhill if he was the most talented. look at what happened to metallica after their bassist died.
Hahaha before they got huge and they were playing Warped?

Your an idiot, yes playing spots like Chain Reaction is small, warped not so much. hundreds of thousands remember when they were small and playing the WARPED.
Get a better drummer? Or someone who can at least write songs well (I'm not saying the Rev couldn't).
Tonight I kill your fucking face.
I killed your face.

HG FC: 4211 7971 0287
Plt FC: 3052 1000 9033
Quote by RipeFlesh
Get a better drummer? Or someone who can at least write songs well (I'm not saying the Rev couldn't).
I don't claim that he was the greatest drummer ever. However, he was the greatest drummer for them. I know they will find someone, but I don't see how whoever it is will fit in like Jimmy did.
#57 in UG Top 100 2010!

I hope they continue. I've always wanted to see them live but haven't and their album sounds like it could be awesome, and they are one of my favorite bands. But they should take some time off and I respect that.
I think they should stop, or have a relative come in. It's never gonna be the same w/out him. Just like Nirvana, just like Sublime, but I thought I'd never put A7x until i was forty.

RIP REV
Crying for you
Quote by sgc09
I think they should stop, or have a relative come in. It's never gonna be the same w/out him. Just like Nirvana, just like Sublime, but I thought I'd never put A7x until i was forty.
I agree. Although, I have a feeling they're going to at least finish this last album out of respect for Jimmy.
#57 in UG Top 100 2010!

Quote by sgc09

Id like to see at least one more. I think it would be good for all of the members to dedicate it to him. Maybe even get different drummers to pay tribute to him on the album
Quote by PhillyHendrix
I agree. Although, I have a feeling they're going to at least finish this last album out of respect for Jimmy.

I think they should just finish the album and end there. I haven't seen them live yet, but maybe it's best they just end. But if they do find a good replacement, that's a different story.
i always thought about this.
and i always thought of avenged as a band where.
they have such a tight friendship. and their band is so close. like. a bond that i cant even explain.
that they could never replace anyone in the band.
especially the rev.
i just couldnt imagine them continuing
im sure theyll finish their new cd since its all written. but im sure it will be extremely delayed.
RIP rev <3
Quote by icaneatcatfood
^But they do have someone who can write songs well. Considering the fan base, they must write a good amount of songs people like. So they write songs well, just not any you like.

I was told that he helped write a lot of their songs, so meh. I do like some A7X, I'm just not the best at saying what I mean.
Tonight I kill your fucking face.
I killed your face.

HG FC: 4211 7971 0287
Plt FC: 3052 1000 9033
Quote by PhillyHendrix

I hope so. It will definitely be delayed. Maybe they were almost done with the recordings and he had the majority of his parts done. I'm sure if they do put out another album there will be a very heart-felt song dedicated to him.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by The Arsis
I think this will be the same thing that happened to Metallica with Cliff. I think they will move on.

I honestly hope they just finish the album and maybe do a last tribute tour. If they find a good replacement then they should keep going. AC/DC did it, Metallica did it, and I think both made great music after Cliff Burotn and Bon Scott died.
They will move on, because that's what the Rev wanted. He was a very serious musician. If not, they'll at least finish this album, and probably write a song for him to put on it, kind of like I Won't See You Tonight, parts 1 and 2.
Quote by urbanfox

I think it would be quite a Risk to have Mustaine as president... We all know that Killing Is His Business (And Business Is Good), which would invariably lead to the Countdown to Exctinction... Then again, The World Needs A Hero...

^ Tool.
Quote by urbanfox

I think it would be quite a Risk to have Mustaine as president... We all know that Killing Is His Business (And Business Is Good), which would invariably lead to the Countdown to Exctinction... Then again, The World Needs A Hero...

Quote by TheReverend724
I just really don't want A7X to turn into The Used

Once they lost Branden, they just weren't the same

That being said, I hope they continue

Agreed. And I also agree with Kirkwannabe, if that's what he wanted, that's what they will do.

I love the Rev but the other four are really talented and work well together, a full split would ruin that. They just need to take some time off, finish the album, and maybe continue.
Last edited by slipknot5678 at Dec 29, 2009,
Page 1 of 2