Wondering if there's a quick fix for some of the knobs on my RM50...the actual amplifier's knobs (only four of those) are all perfectly fine, though it seems as though the ones on the preamp modules have one or two on each module that will lose grip as you turn them, so that it barely catches on at all. So i'm pretty much turning the knob in a 360 degree motion twice just to turn that specific knob to 3/4 or so. I know it's something to do with the actual knob that the pot piece goes into and grips into. Any fix for this or is it necessary for me to order new knobs?
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Well, if the plastic knob piece is slipping on the pot shaft, you probably just need new knobs. Those little plastic spliny bits on the inside are just stripped. Glue them, if you must.

It could ALSO be the pots themselves.
If the nut holding the pot to the faceplate is loose, the pots may just be rotating with the knob, stretching out and possibly damaging the wires that connect them to the board.
Tighten the pot nuts.
i guess i forgot to mention that i've taken the knobs off and turned the pot shafts with my hand, and they move normal with normal resistance and all, no slipping or loose feel. i figured something coulda been stripped on the inside of the knobs, guess you're right, new knobs are in order...oh well, it'll gimme an excuse to order some more interesting knobs so that the two modules look different aside from a tiny label.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Quote by slash_rocks2005
i guess i forgot to mention that i've taken the knobs off and turned the pot shafts with my hand, and they move normal with normal resistance and all, no slipping or loose feel. i figured something coulda been stripped on the inside of the knobs, guess you're right, new knobs are in order...oh well, it'll gimme an excuse to order some more interesting knobs so that the two modules look different aside from a tiny label.

Ok, cool, the pots haven't slipped, that's a good thing.
Yep, new knobs.

Or just glue the bastards.
i'd glue...but i'm already excited about new knobs...oh well. thanks for the help bro!
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Personally, I recommend oven knobs.

Not only do they look huge and bad-ass, but instead of turning your amp up to 10, you get to turn that bad boy up to 450 muther-f%^kin' degrees!
intriguing theory...i shall look into this
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH