If I lit my stripped(nonpainted) guitar wood on fire for a while to burn, would it change it's tonal properties or anything else to do with it's sound?

Same question for guitar neck.
Quote by RIPLesPaul
If I lit my stripped(nonpainted) guitar wood on fire for a while to burn, would it change it's tonal properties or anything else to do with it's sound?

Same question for guitar neck.

You do realize how incredibly risky this is, correct? I don't know whether to take you seriously or not. A few moments too many and you could be scooping up ashes.
So I don't get it, why doesn't anyone like Squiers?

GEAR:
Red Affinity Series Squire Fat Strat [guitar]

Little Big Muff Pi [pedal]
...I'd assume so. When you burn it your losing carbon... in turn the density is going to be lighter. You would have to get it to burn all the way to the core though for it to do anything otherwise its like shaving some off the outside... I'd assume...
┌─┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬─┐
├─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬┤
├┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┤
Ultimate Guitar Set Up Q&A Thread─┤
├─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬┤
├┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┤
├┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┤
└─┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴─┘
after soakig it i dont think it would catch in fire to much but seriously that is risky and ive bever burned a guitar so i dont know but the tonal qualities are probably to change same with soaking
it really depends on how burnt. If you just had a slight cosmetic burn that only really went a half of a centimeter deep it probably wouldn't do much. but if you seriously burn your guitar it would be a poor decision in my opinion. I say take a lighter to it and let burn for maybe 10 seconds the put it out.
no sir away a papaya war is on
i once saw the bassist from a local band at the end of a show spray his bass with something in an aerosol can and light it. just coat it in hairspray or something if you want to set your guitar on fire and make people ooh and aah.

haha its funny the same people replied in this thread and the water thread.

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

What if I went to pick up a piece of wood that was part of a tree, which was struck by lightning? Would it be bad as well?
Isnt all wood technically part of a tree? Or was..

And if it was struck bt lightning, it would sound the Same as burning it id imagine.

And why does it matter? Does tonewood mean that much to you?
I can't imagine why you want to set your guitar on fire. If it is for a stage effect, forget it. Not only is it as dangerous as hell, but I doubt there is a venue in America (short of a major concert hall hosting a mega-group) that would allow you to do this; at least in the wake of the station fire in Rhode Island.

Even if you could do it, you would likely destroy the wiring and the pots, as Ace Frehley of Kiss found out when he mounted a smoke bomb in the empty pickup cavity of his Les Paul. After the first use, the smoke destroyed the wiring and the pots, making the guitar unusable until he had his tech do a full refit and a lot of custom fireproofing to allow him to continue using the smoke bomb. And it sure as hell wouldn't do the guitar's wood any good.