Hello all, I'm looking into buying my first Strat and was wondering if the Arctic White finish is pure white, or has a creamy tint to it. I'm hoping for the latter, I love the vintage look. If not then it's quite alright, I'm up for getting that color the old fashioned way...... by waiting for 30+ years.
Olympic White is actually a touch darker, because it has a very slight shade of blue in it. However most indoor lights give a naturally warm, yellow tint to everything, so the hint of blue that is in Olympic White cancels that out - which means in regular indoor lighting, Arctic White will look a tiny bit yellow, while Olympic White will look perfectly white. However if you took the two guitars outside on a very cloudy day or if you put them under a blue-ish or purple light, the Arctic White finish would look normal while the Olympic White finish would look too blue.

So to answer OP's question, Arctic White is pure white, it's not cream at all, but that doesn't mean it will always look pure white because under normal household lightbulbs it will look ever so slightly creamy in comparison to Olympic White.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
i have vintage white on a 30 year old strat and my god does it look vintage!

But yeah, you can do the process naturally or u can speed it up a little with a few touch ups, but realistically, if you like the sound, a slight downgrade in looks doesn't matter.

toodles!
- Ibanez S470 (2004)
- late 70's vintage Fender Stratocaster (USA)
- VOX VT100 Amp
- Digitech Whammy Pedal
- Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
- Visual Sound Volume Pedal
- MXR Micro Amp
Quote by MrFlibble
Olympic White is actually a touch darker, because it has a very slight shade of blue in it. However most indoor lights give a naturally warm, yellow tint to everything, so the hint of blue that is in Olympic White cancels that out - which means in regular indoor lighting, Arctic White will look a tiny bit yellow, while Olympic White will look perfectly white. However if you took the two guitars outside on a very cloudy day or if you put them under a blue-ish or purple light, the Arctic White finish would look normal while the Olympic White finish would look too blue.

So to answer OP's question, Arctic White is pure white, it's not cream at all, but that doesn't mean it will always look pure white because under normal household lightbulbs it will look ever so slightly creamy in comparison to Olympic White.

Fender is clearly f@%king with our minds.

Thanks for the details, MrFlibble!
get it arctic white is cool
anyway overtime it gets creamy
yeah, olympic white already has somewhat of a cream to it where as arctic white is a brighter shade.... but both look good really, white guitars just have this charm about them
2008 M.I.A. HSS Strat
Marshall JCM 900 50w Dual Reverb
get vintage white, thats the yellow one
Gibson Les Paul Smartwood
Martin DC-15E
Peavey ValveKing 112
I would, but the ones that come in a vintage white are a little out of my price range. Maybe I'll start saving a bit more.