Hey gang,

Just a quick question.

I found a cab on a local forum that I'm thinking of buying, purely because I'm on a serious budget and am sick of not having a cab.

So basically its a Kirk Hammet Sig cab. With Celestion rocket 50's

Should I not even consider it?

I snooped around google and saw a few people saying the speakers are absolute crap.

But i just thought I'd get a second opinion.

Oh and i play teh metulz wif my b00gera
The Celestion Rocket speakers are Celestion budget range. what's your budget because Thomann.de have a harley Benton 2x12 with V30's for about £160
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
I'm in Australia.

And I've been looking for cabs for ages.

I found a mesa 4x12 but i wont have enough money before it gets sold.

My budget can be stretched pretty far because I'm just saving up. (I was going to save 1200 for a brand new 1960) , but i was just thinking of getting this cab because I cant find any others and I'm getting really frustrated.
Last edited by geetar_man0 at Dec 29, 2009,
Have you looked on Melband?

I recently saw a Marshall 4x12 listed for $800 you might want to look at.
Greco 59-50 Mint Collection - 1982 - Iron Gear Hot Slag/Rolling Mill
Schecter Tempest Classic Goldtop
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB/EF86 2x12 - Lorantz Greenback's
MI Audio Blues Pro Overdrive

Quote by Danyg
^ this guy defines the term "being right".
I was looking at these speakers too, they're in the Marshall MC cabs which we can get cheapish here, but they're pretty crap apparently. I'm also looking for a cab to put with a Bugera head, have been watching eBay, 1960 cabs come up on there for about $700 pretty often.
If you can strecht up your budget, do it. The Celestion Rocket 50s are by no means "bad" but their at best average. They will be a lot better then the speaker you'll have in cheaper marshall cabs, but they wont shine as for example Vintage 30s.

From the sound charakter they should be pretty similar to Greenbacks, suited for classic rock and metal.
Gear:
Ibanez SZ320 -> Höfner Analouge Delay -> MXR GT-OD -> Laney GH50L -> T.C.Electronics GMajor -> Line6 4x12 w/ Celestion G12T-75

My Lyrics and Poems

"with golden hair and perfect eyes,

with hollow words and empty lies."
If you buying the cab second-hand, you could offer money just for the cab without the speakers and then buy some better speakers
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Quote by DiizZ
Have you looked on Melband?

I recently saw a Marshall 4x12 listed for $800 you might want to look at.

Really? Can you give me a link?

I found one for $550 that I was GOING to buy, but unfortunately I had to go away the next day so I asked if the dude could hold it for me but he couldn't. Then just yesterday I found a Mesa, and this Randall

EDIT: Found it.
Quote by Jak Archer
If you buying the cab second-hand, you could offer money just for the cab without the speakers and then buy some better speakers
but then you're just going to end up with a no speakers and a shitty enclosure.

Might as well just wait for a good deal on a good cab with good speakers to come around.
I think i might just save about 1000 bucks and wait.