Hi guys, I was looking for some cool basses under $400 and found these two things which I reaaally liked

1. http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-Guitar-Research-Stiletto-Extreme4-Bass?sku=528006

2. http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-Guitar-Research-DV4-Devil-Bass-Limted-Edition?sku=423302

sooo I need advices, which one is better or smth like that.

and mostly I play funk and metal =]
I hadn't seen that DV-4 Schecter before - I like the option to choose the frequencies your EQ is set at, and the EMG MM pickup is very cutting - lots of mids - great for funk or metal. But then the stiletto is a really nice feeling bass to play. You'd have to try the DV-4 yourself to see if it feels as nice.
I just recently got the DV-4 Devil Limited Edition from Schecter and its awesome. It has two EMG pickups for great sound. It also looks cool as all hell with a back perloid tribal inlay going up the neck. It has a set neck and comes either in black with a pickguard or black cherry. At $350 bucks you cant beat this. It even looks better than the current DV-4...
I don't like the Stiletto for metal, it doesn't have a sharp cutting enough tone for me.
Quote by JagerSlushy

Black people play bass.
Quote by isabiggles
Nevermind, that's a stupid pun for Australian pyromaniacs.
Just forget I said anything.

Quote by mac_attack
THE PURE SEXUAL THRILL!!!!
And stuff...

^^^
On playing bass.
Gear:
ESP B-206SM
Behringer BRX1800H
Acoustic B115
Asher Custom 2x10
I love my Stiletto but it's an Elite. I love it for Metal and it can do some nice Funk tones too.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
If you value your upper fret access, you should probably do for the Stiletto. That being said, I'd still probably get the DV-4.

stratkat
Aesthetically, I think the Stilletto looks a million times better. But in terms of playing, they're both great basses and any Schecter sounds great.
Gear:
Palmer 4-String Electric
Palmer 4-String Acoustic
Orange Terror Bass 500 head
Orange OBC115 cab
M-Audio KeyRig 49
The DV-4 is a clearance item, which means it's going for a lot cheaper than normal. It's definitely the better buy here.
Nope, no sig here.
I pesonally like Stiletto with its badass body but I kinda like DV-4, too. And if they are the same in terms of playing, then I think I'll go with stilleto =] thnx dudes 'n' doodlez
Last edited by Kuroishi at Dec 31, 2009,