I bought a Hellraiser today (Made in South Korea, set up in Burbank and the serial number starts with 08, so it's an 08 model with the EMG 81TW/89 pickups.

The only thing is, all the hellraisers I see online don't have an inlay on the 24th fret but my one does. Also, it has gray pearl binding on the headstock too, whereas on the official website it doesn't.

What's this all about? Please help!

Here's what my one looks like except it's in black. This is the only picture I've seen online which has the inlay on the 24th fret

Last edited by CBroderick at Dec 29, 2009,
Don't worry, it's just that Schecter probably doesn't keep every single model they've ever built on their website.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
Quote by The^Unforgiven
Don't worry, it's just that Schecter probably doesn't keep every single model they've ever built on their website.

Thanks, I'm panicking though. Why would there be an inlay on some 2008 models but not on all of them?
Help me out UG, please. I spent like £750 on this guitar (about $1200) cause I bought it in the UK!
Schecter makes their models with minor cosmetic variations quite frequently. With respect to the inlay, that is probably what has happened.

As already recommended, you should contact Schecter with any questions about your specific guitar.
Quote by webwarmiller
Why not just call Schecter with your serial number and your concerns???

I'd have done it right now if it were office hours in the United States..
Quote by FatalGear41
Schecter makes their models with minor cosmetic variations quite frequently. With respect to the inlay, that is probably what has happened.

As already recommended, you should contact Schecter with any questions about your specific guitar.

Hmm, that may explain it. That's what I heard from other people too. I'm just going to call Schecter as soon as it's 9 AM in the States that way I'll be sure.
Black hellraisers do gray pearl binding instead of abalone.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by randomhero93
Black hellraisers do gray pearl binding instead of abalone.

I know that, here's some pictures and you'll see what I mean when you compare mine with the one's you find on Musiciansfriend and stuff. I think I've landed on a Limited Edition or something because mine looks SWEET

Here's the normal hellraiser, just look at the difference b/w the headstocks. My one is bevelled and silver, with a gray pearl outline EVEN on the logo, lol.

Last edited by CBroderick at Dec 29, 2009,