Hello GB&C!

I'm in the market for single-coil size humbuckers. Currently, I am looking at the Seymour Duncan Cool Rails, Vintage Rails, and Hot Rails (Neck, Mid, Bridge, respectively), since I've heard they are good pickups, though I have no experience with them. However, I am wondering if there would be other pickups that would be more suited towards my style, which goes towards power / thrash metal with some prog thrown in. Think Iced Earth + Blind Guardian + Rush.

By the way, this is for a Fender Strat (MIM). Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
My guitar modification blog.
Quote by MuffinMan
Jesus was all like "To those about to rock, I salute you." then he grabbed his mighty axe and rocked the Romans out really hard. Of course they were strict classical music so....
I think you are on the right tracks (groan) but maybe swap the neck to classic and mid to cool, then consider Irongear Jailhouse Rails at the Bridge.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Quote by Lurcher
I think you are on the right tracks

Boo!

But yeah, your point is great
http://www.myspace.com/echohead7

GUITARS
PRS SE Camo
Epiphone G400 SG
AMP
Roland Cube 30
EFFECTS
Morley Bad Horsie Wah
Danelectro FAB Distortion
Digitech Whammy
Electro-Harmonix LPB-1

Quote by Mister.Y
Imagine your underwear.... naked.
Quote by Lurcher
I think you are on the right tracks (groan) but maybe swap the neck to classic and mid to cool, then consider Irongear Jailhouse Rails at the Bridge.

Doing some research now on the Irongear Jailhouse Rails. So far, it seems like it'll be a good fit. On top of that, only $50 overall as opposed to the $75 for the Hot Rails.

Now, I'm curious, what would the purpose be of switching the neck and mid?

@ lame pun
My guitar modification blog.
Quote by MuffinMan
Jesus was all like "To those about to rock, I salute you." then he grabbed his mighty axe and rocked the Romans out really hard. Of course they were strict classical music so....