Page 1 of 3
Ok well im stuck on what to do.

I was gonna hang with my girlfriend on New Years Eve, then i got invited to a party of this chick she really hates. My girlfriend was invited too, but she doesnt wanna go. Now shes really annoyed at me cause i wanna go to this party. The party is mostly just my other friends.

Forgot how to add a poll....

I really need help on this.

EDIT: There is no convincing her to go to the party, although she never shows that she hates people, she hates her. The host doesnt know that though.

Oh and the party isnt very big, about 15 people
Last edited by maiden03 at Dec 29, 2009,
Get a new girlfriend at the party?
"We were one among the fence"
Quote by diofan88
You have no idea how many mornings my dad has woken up to me in my underroos rocking out in the morning...on a mission...A MISSION TO ROOOOCCCCKKKKK!!!!!
Quote by maiden03
Ok well im stuck on what to do.

I was gonna hang with my girlfriend on New Years Eve, then i got invited to a party of this chick she really hates. My girlfriend was invited too, but she doesnt wanna go. Now shes really annoyed at me cause i wanna go to this party. The party is mostly just my other friends.

Poll soon.

I really need help on this.

What is more important to you, your girlfriend or the party?
Don't go to the party, and don't hang out with your girlfriend. Stay home, get high, and fap.
girlfriend

unless your dumb and/or a jerk.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

You're letting a woman call the shots? This is bad, she's going to be looking for the right to vote next. Be a man and stand up to her.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
If you had planned to go to that party from the start, I'd say talk your girlfriend into going anyway. She doesn't have to like the host to have fun.

But you had planned to hang out with her, so I guess you'll have to stick to your original plan unless you want to risk pissing off the lady.

I understand you, though. New Year's Eve is for partying, there are many other occasions for hanging out as a couple.
---

"L'esclave parfait est celui qui croit être libre."

---
Quote by neopowell
You're letting a woman call the shots? This is bad, she's going to be looking for the right to vote next. Be a man and stand up to her.

yea,be a man!
The Bloodbath Burlesque Orchestra
Quote by phoenix_crush
Deluxe Skull Mace w/ Custom Sheath & Dagger

found that in the self defense section, y'know in case you need to defend yourself from a ****in orc

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Quote by Silver-spear94
girlfriend

unless your dumb and/or a jerk.

This.

Seriously, not only did you make plans with your GF 1st, but it's a party thrown by someone your GF hates? Why did you even consider going?
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
this whole situation deserves a stack

but i cba to do one.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Quote by Astyan
If you had planned to go to that party from the start, I'd say talk your girlfriend into going anyway. She doesn't have to like the host to have fun.

But you had planned to hang out with her, so I guess you'll have to stick to your original plan unless you want to risk pissing off the lady.

Pretty much this. If you made plans with your GF first, you have to keep them or you're the asshole here.
Quote by rigiddigits
Well I'm a girl and I don't want to die so I guess I'll have to choose to be raped.

Nobody sig that

Check out my gaming blog, Zombie Arcade
spend it with gf, it's not about standing up against her, also you'll probably have a better time with her rather than if you go to the party
i scream for ice cream
well, if that girl at the party hates you, then why would you go? On the other hand you could spend it with your girlfriend and maybe get something in return

████████████
████████████

RBY CYOA
Go out with your girlfriend. SERIOUSLY.

It's safer that way.
Seamonkey has my money!

Quote by shattamakar
My dog came into my room while I was fapping.
I couldn't look Wolfie in the eye for a week.
Quote by pigeonmafia
This.

Seriously, not only did you make plans with your GF 1st, but it's a party thrown by someone your GF hates? Why did you even consider going?

Heaps of my mates are going to this, and she was invited, and ithough she would put it past and come.
Play videogames in your mother's basement. You seem socially skilled enough to do that.

Spend it with your girlfriend.
Gear:
Gibson Explorer
Marshall JCM 900 Dual Reverb Combo
Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner
Tons of Green Tortex picks
Lots of other crap...
Quote by maiden03
Heaps of my mates are going to this, and she was invited, and ithough she would put it past and come.

read every comment
AND TAKE THE ADVICE!
The Bloodbath Burlesque Orchestra
Quote by phoenix_crush
Deluxe Skull Mace w/ Custom Sheath & Dagger

found that in the self defense section, y'know in case you need to defend yourself from a ****in orc

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
GIRLFRIEND

girlfriend > minor friends in my book
R.I.P. Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan

Quote by Kämpfer
Nard-ipino

hi, i'm narding, and i'm UG's friendly filipino
You're not attached at the hip and she doesn't own you. Being in a relationship doesn't mean you don't spend any time apart.

I don't see how any adult in an adult relationship would see this as a serious problem because honestly, any adult wouldn't even have an issue with it.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
I'll repeat my earlier question. What is more important to you, your girlfriend or the party?

If you love her very much and couldn't stand to lose her, then obviously don't push the risk of forcing an almighty argument that may result in you splitting.

If however she's pissing you off recently and you've been looking for an excuse to blow her out, go to the party, take her with you, act friendly towards the hostess and watch the relationship come to an end.
Ignreo your gf and dont go to the party be in the pitt for all your life!
JUST ANOTHER ANNOYING BIG STATUS
Quote by maiden03

You seem you'd rather go to this party so try to convince her.
You had plans with her first but New Years is a time for partying.
Don't let her control you but don't disregard all the other advice in this thread.
Quote by strat0blaster
You're not attached at the hip and she doesn't own you. Being in a relationship doesn't mean you don't spend any time apart.

I don't see how any adult in an adult relationship would see this as a serious problem because honestly, any adult wouldn't even have an issue with it.

Whaaa?
I'm an adult and if I purposely didn't spend New Year's Eve with my wife, preferring instead to spend it with my mates, she'd go mental, and rightly so, because I'd go mental if she did the same. And as far as I know, most adults who are in a relationship that I know also feel the same way.
That's what you call a serious problem...? Kids these days...
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Silver-spear94
this whole situation deserves a stack

but i cba to do one.

Someone never had a girlfriend... This things happen every now and then.
Seamonkey has my money!

Quote by shattamakar
My dog came into my room while I was fapping.
I couldn't look Wolfie in the eye for a week.
Quote by narding
GIRLFRIEND

girlfriend > minor friends in my book

They arent minor friends im going for, id be with my 2 best mates.

Quote by SlackerBabbath
I'll repeat my earlier question. What is more important to you, your girlfriend or the party?

If you love her very much and couldn't stand to lose her, then obviously don't push the risk of forcing an almighty argument that may result in you splitting.

If however she's pissing you off recently and you've been looking for an excuse to blow her out, go to the party, take her with you, act friendly towards the hostess and watch the relationship come to an end.

My best mates and her are probably equally important, but in different ways.
Lie to her. Pretend your mother died and that's why you can't hang out with her on new years eve. You might have to concoct some zombie-related story next time she visits your family, but for a while you'll be golden.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
Quote by maiden03

OK, look at it this way.
If you don't go, are you likely to lose your friends? If the answer is no, then the option of 'not going' holds no risks.

If you do go, are you likely to lose your girlfriend? If the answer is yes, then the option of 'going' holds pretty bad possible consequenses.

So logicaly, it makes sense for you to suck it up, be a man, and either stay home or go somewhere else with your girlfriend.

You're a couple, you're supposed to support each other and make such decisions together, and if either one of you really hates an idea, then it's unfare for the other to be expected to go along with it just to please their partner.
Quote by maiden03
They arent minor friends im going for, id be with my 2 best mates.

Well are you havng sex with those friends?

Nah i see where your coming from. If you already made plans with your girlfriend then your only shot is to convince her to come along. It would be a dick move to ditch her but it wouldn't be very fair of her if she just expected you to sit around at her place on NY's because she has some petty grudge.

Besides, chances are the host of the party will be the first one drunk and unconscious in a another room, possibly being date raped.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Page 1 of 3