Some guy offered my an RGT42 for $260 Canadian...
Has Seymorduncan invader in the neck and Dimarzio PAF in the bridge.
Is this a good guitar i kno nothing about the newer RG's... i kno the pickups are sweet...
im not an ibanez fan, but if i remember correctly the T in the model stands for neck thru, if this is true, it sounds like good guitar for the money, im not a fan of the invader, tad muddy for my tastes and im not sure how it sounds in basswood, which i believe most RGs are made of, but if you dont like it, most likely any shop that sells used pickups will trade it in for a different p/u
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
Yes its a neck through which made it tempting (i own four ibanez's all are bolt on)
If the guitar is in good condition thats a damn good deal, mahogany body, good pickups, the bridge isnt the best but could be swapped in the future if it does crap out, i would definately do it!
My Gear

Ibanez J Custom RG8570Z-BX - BKP Warpigs
ESP Eclipse II Full Thickness - BKP Nailbombs
Fender Mexican Strat - BKP Trilogy Suites.

Axe FX II - Matrix GT1000FX - Rocktron All Access.

Stinnett M7 in the works
Well a quick google search bought it up as a mahogany bodied RG model, double check yourself using google, but as far as i can see its a mahogany RG!
My Gear

Stinnett M7 in the works
The only thing... is that its black... im pretty picky about colors... and i hate having to cut wiring to repaint..
Might even be worth buying to resell on? It is a good deal as far as i can see, especially if its in good condition.
My Gear

Stinnett M7 in the works
^^ if its mahogany even better, repainting neckthrus, is a process though, i mean sanding everything down, but wiring should be simple to remove, basically all you have to cut is the pickups and everything else should be wired together and unscrew in a bundle
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
Went to the dudes house (hour drive).... he texted me before i left saying he'd be 15 mins late... got there.. got a text saying he was going to be another hour and a half....
lol me and this Ibanez wern't ment to be.
GAS kicked in and i went back and bought it... and then i bought a SZ320 and a rg350DX with emg 85's and SE lol gas attack to the max
I play an RGT42 and it's a great guitar for the money, especially if it's an earlier one with the EPII bridge instead of the later Edge III. If it was me, I wouldn't bother repainting it but I would get rid of the SD Invader pickup. It's a muddy one at the best of times and I wouldn't have thought that mahogany would do it any favours.
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
IMO, sounds like a thick RG with a jem-esk neck... if that makes any sense... nice guitar... its actually like a dark green/grey depending on the lighting and yes i believe its the Edge Pro II
Last edited by Ital_Stal at Dec 31, 2009,