I have a more bigger budget now!

How are these 2 compared?i would like a combo more becouse a head and a box are to pricey!
can Screamer do metal (from Tool to IN flames)?i would like a more versatile amp cuz i play Audioslave,Ratm,Smashing Pumpinks,and stuff like that also.
Its also important that they sound good at low volumes cuz i im gonna be practicing a lot in my bedroom.
i haven't played a screamer, but the fireball is essentially a scaled down powerball (i think) and that was pretty epic if i'm honest, all the versatility you need but i dont think the Fireball has all the channels that the Powerball has.
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
i played a screamer 100 in a shop a few weeks ago. it was freakin sweet!!!
was well close to buying it and if it wasnt for the rediculous price i would have. one of the best sounding amps i have played.
Screamer - Medium amounts of gain; solid, shimmering clean tones; decent price; most suited for blues to hard rock; workable varieties of volumes; compact size; ideal speaker; very compressed but still kinda bluesy in character; crystalline clean tones; raw lead tones.

Fireball - Huge amounts of gain; workable clean tones but not quite as good as the Screamer's; pretty much only suitable for hard rock to death metal; decent price; more practical for matching speakers to your choice; rips at high volumes but is able to cope with low volumes, too; very compressed but darker in voice; thicker, meatier clean tones (more like a Peavey 6505), and a very hard-edged high-gain sound.

I'm not a gigging musician at the moment, and neither are you, so I'm going to suggest the Screamer. I personally prefer the rawness of the Fireball, and the excessive gain, but it's not quite as versatile or workable for the majority of musicians.

My 2c.
So screamer can do metal?i looking at all this clips of it and its seems like it doesnt have that much gain like fireball but still has a great amount of gain.
No, you're right, it doesn't have as much gain as the Fireball. That said, unless you want to play sludge metal (which may require a fuzz box) or extreme death metal, the amount of gain on tap is pretty much suited to almost everything you throw at it. Particularly if you add a nice overdrive pedal to boost the clipping.

Sounds pretty heavy to me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5hhp5mRHjw

The Screamer can indeed do metal. I was considering getting one myself but I think I might wait for the Fireball. It does have more gain on tap and I don't really need the versatility of the Screamer (I pretty much exclusively play Metallica stuff, although there was an Opeth riff I was a fan of the other day).
Quote by Kensai
Please, I eat gays for breakfast...

Quote by Kensai
I must be even further in the closet then
ENGL Invader 100

/thread
My last.fm
Quote by OMMad
i've always found pop to be harder to play than metal... especially shred metal... it's just really fast tremolo picking and the occasional palm mute... and the only chords you have to worry about are power chords...
if you ask me, the screamer can do metal (with reasonably hot humbuckers). However, it wouldn't be my first choice, but it's a lot more versatile than the fireball, which can more or less only do metal. Based on what you've said, the fact you'd prefer a combo, the fact you want versatility etc., i'd suggest the screamer, but if you can try it first to make sure you think it'll do what you want, that'd be the best thing.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Where do you live?

If you're in North America and your budget isn't all that high, don't bother going with ENGL.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
Quote by no.mop
Where do you live?

If you're in North America and your budget isn't all that high, don't bother going with ENGL.

Croatia,Europe ,i wouldnt name these 2 amps if they werent in my price range.
true, but even if you can afford both, the engl is likely to be better value in europe, and the peavey better value in the USA. you should obviously still buy the one you prefer, but if you like both equally, then relative values start to come into it.

also check out the other european brands- framus, diezel, koch, laney, marshall, brunetti, etc. etc.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?