Page 1 of 3
I was on another forum, and posted in the recend CD thread, that I had bought Drudkh's Blood in our Wells. Now im not saying the guy was wrong in doing this, but basically said he would never listen to them because they support "a man responsible for the genocide of hundreds of thousand Poles during WWII."

Now personally it is my view that the music would be the same regardless of if it had been dedicated to that mon or not.i like the music, not who its dedicated to. I can make a clear distinction, between the two. But he said he couldnt. which is fair enough, everyone is entitled to their views.

I suppose another example would be Burzum, for Vargs views and actions. And also NSBM, and bands with nazi like beliefs.

so I was wondering what everyone elses views on the matter?
Drudkh isn't NSBM. So that guy is a dumbass.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Yeah, it does put me off listening to people's music. I refuse to listen to anything by Mr. Big because Billy Sheehan's a Scientologist.
Call me Batman.
Quote by J.A.M
Yeah, it does put me off listening to people's music. I refuse to listen to anything by Mr. Big because Billy Sheehan's a Scientologist.

That doesn't count because scientologists aren't people.
Quote by J.A.M

: O

To contribute to thread - if the views of the artist are something I totally oppose but they aren't a part of the music, I don't have a problem.
Uncle Vernon, Uncle Vernon,
independent as a hog on ice,
He's a big shot down there at the slaughterhouse,
Plays accordion for Mr. Weiss
Last edited by vanshaya at Dec 29, 2009,
Quote by nebiru
That doesn't count because scientologists aren't people.

I believe that warrants a signature..

I like you
I like you alot
Quote by Jody LeCompte
"My personal preference has always been for a rack unit. One less thing to play dance dance revolution with on your pedalboard"

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
As long as it's not in the music I don't really care. I do however support many artists for their views.
If a band is emo (Hardcore/somerandomstuff) I wont even give them a chance.
Quote by EndTheRapture51

some dodgy girl tried to get off with me, I ran through the mosh pit to get away, she followed and got punched in the face
Well, I don't listen to U2 partially because Bono is a jackass, but partially because I don't like U2.
Gibson Les Paul BFG Gator
Line6 James Tyler Variax JTV-69
Line6 Pod HD500
Blackheart Handsome Devil
Quote by Reedd
If a band is emo (Hardcore/somerandomstuff) I wont even give them a chance.

emo =\= hardcore, son.
they're both styles of music, they don't have anything to do with a particular set of views.
Uncle Vernon, Uncle Vernon,
independent as a hog on ice,
He's a big shot down there at the slaughterhouse,
Plays accordion for Mr. Weiss
Quote by \Powerslave/
If it's good music, then it's good music. I don't care about the band's views.

This.

Unless they're trying to spoon feed their views to me in the music. Not necessarily in the vocals, because I barely pay attention to those anyway, but if they have spoken word sections about their views and are just trying to spam me with them, then I tune out.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by \Powerslave/
If it's good music, then it's good music. I don't care about the band's views.

This.

And also, nebiru is correct. Drudkh isn't NSBM at all [they just have some Nationalist pride to their music. There's a vast difference.]. The guy you speak of is a dumbass.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
Eh, I could care less...

Dave Mustaine is a profound jackass, doesn't mean I won't like Megadeth, although I can't really think of any bands that I like that really make it blatantly obvious that they're trying to push X belief/message in their music.
No because I disagree with like 99% of bands' politics so that would leave me... Ted Nugent
You made out with a girl who is a Neo Nazi. It was awesome. You don't like Nazisim. Later you find out that she is a Neo Nazi. Do you wash your mouth out in disgust?
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by Seaneh
Only Manowar.

can somebody please tell me what the deal is with Manowar? I read in a Laiho interview a while ago that he wasn't a fan due to their views or something, and I'm dying to know what he means by that.

sorry if that question makes me seem a total nub, but google isn't helping
Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

e-married to isabiggles
Nah.
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
Quote by darkstar2466
You made out with a girl who is a Neo Nazi. It was awesome. You don't like Nazisim. Later you find out that she is a Neo Nazi. Do you wash your mouth out in disgust?

No, I face fukk her and then take her mom by force.
Quote by nebiru
No, I face fukk her and then take her mom by force.

Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
I don't care about the musician's personality, looks et al. I love black metal, hate all that corpsepaint and the other stereotype things surrounding the scene. I occasionally listen to hip hop and totally hate the entire subculture. I also listen to bands/artists whose beliefs are rather questionable, like Arghoslent or Burzum. All that counts for me is if the music is any good.
I refuse to listen to offensive music because that is what metal is all about.
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Reading St.Vitus Prayer For The Masses kinda made me stop listening to the song. The "You wear your crosses upside down,it shows that your a fool,you don't realize what he's got in store for you" just kinda killed the vibe of the song for me for awhile. Great riffs though.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

Quote by miss-moose
can somebody please tell me what the deal is with Manowar? I read in a Laiho interview a while ago that he wasn't a fan due to their views or something, and I'm dying to know what he means by that.

Manowar are a NSBM band whose controversial and nazi-like beliefs have meant that many metalheads have outcast them from the metal community. They were heavily involved in the Norwiegan church burnings with Varg and it's rumoured that the bassist is Hitler's lovechild.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Quote by isabiggles
Manowar are a NSBM band whose controversial and nazi-like beliefs have meant that many metalheads have outcast them from the metal community. They were heavily involved in the Norwiegan church burnings with Varg and it's rumoured that the bassist is Hitler's lovechild.

oh... wow. they suck.
thanks for clearing that up for me though it's been driving me mad for ages. I tried looking through their official site but obviously they're unlikely to ever have "hey, we're nazi's!" on the front page
Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

e-married to isabiggles
Quote by nebiru
Drudkh isn't NSBM. So that guy is a dumbass.

What I was going to post.

And to the topic, no. I listen to Burzum, Nokturnal Mortum, Hate Forest, etc.

EDIT: ^^ Biggles, holy shit
Last edited by raincoffin at Dec 29, 2009,
Not really. Good music is good music.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
Quote by miss-moose

Have you listened to them?
Maiden be ragging on them bloodthirsty mongrel Russians, but I still dig 'em.
Philosophy > Life
Quote by miss-moose
oh... wow. they suck.
thanks for clearing that up for me though it's been driving me mad for ages. I tried looking through their official site but obviously they're unlikely to ever have "hey, we're nazi's!" on the front page

Dear god.

On topic: don't really care. Varg is an utter cunt but Burzum's still good. Were I to find out the money I pay for his albums goes straight to the KKK, that would be a different matter.
Last edited by webbtje at Dec 29, 2009,
Only if their personalities damage their musical integrity.

Example: Attila.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Page 1 of 3