I'm looking at this guitar but can't find it anywhere to see how it sounds. Anyone have this and if so, what are your thoughts? What is everyone's thoughts on buying a guitar sight unseen?

Thanks in advance
Quote by TheFreddyJay
I'm looking at this guitar but can't find it anywhere to see how it sounds. Anyone have this and if so, what are your thoughts? What is everyone's thoughts on buying a guitar sight unseen?

Thanks in advance

I've played one. I found it awesome, but I've never played with equipment worth over 1000$ So I don,t know if it compares to more expensive models
"You have brains in your head,
You have feet in your shoes,
You can steer yourself,
any direction you choose,
You're on your own,
And you know what you know,
And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go."

- Dr. Seuss
i bought my acoustic sight unseen just because the deal on ebay was too good to pass up. if the store or ebay-er has a decent return policy (and ONLY if they do) i would say go for it.

but there's always a risk of something happening that won't allow for a return or you could find out that there's something wrong that you can't return for (i hate those inlays, but i don't think they'd accept that as a good reason for a return).

EDIT: wouldn't do it. unfortunately, Fender's acoustics aren't exactly top of the line as it is. that plus the fact that it's advertised as $300 new doesn't make me too confident that it's anything other than laminated woods and funny inlays. i'll look it up and remove this part if it's not laminated, but thats my guess.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Last edited by LifeIsABullet16 at Dec 29, 2009,
I tinkered around with a Fender CD220 and REALLY liked the sound. I'm no guitar expert by ANY stretch but I know what I like. I'll probably check out other Fenders that are similar to guage whether I'm willing to risk ordering it...At least that's the plan right now.
Quote by obeythepenguin
Fender make good basses, and they make... well, they make electric guitars, but that's about it.

i agree 100%. i wouldn't trust a Fender acoustic any farther than i could throw it. after Rickenbacker, their basses are tops for me. and their electrics are right up there with some of my favorites. but their acoustics have always just been lacking.

OP: if you're looking for a nice concert-sized acoustic with a relic'd and beat up look to it i'd buy a cheap-o something or other and take some sand paper to it. who cares if other people dislike relic-ing, it's all about what you want. but before looks comes sound, feel, and build quality. so before you make it look like what you want i'd focus on those things first.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
that poor guitar

i dunno, LifeIsABullet16 - i think throwing is exactly what fender acoustics are good for

Quote by LifeIsABullet16
i agree 100%. i wouldn't trust a Fender acoustic any farther than i could throw it.
Quote by obeythepenguin
If they'd just allow slightly longer sigs

haha done, thank you very much patticake!