Hi guys,

I am planing to get an XBOX 360 in the near future.
And to prepare for it , i bought myself a nice 26 INC LCD
It has a great display and all but it does not have speakers.... won't you hate to play on your XBOX on your nice LCD without any SOUND? yeah, i would hate to. but my question is this.

I have a 5.1 sound system for my PC, but you know it has 3 little cables (a black,green and orange one), so my question is.

Can i plug in my 5.1 sound system on my XBOX? Are there any adaptators that would allow me to do that? if so, are they expensive and easy to find?

Thanks Guys.

Rock on.

PS: Please forgive me if its posted in the wrong part of the forum, i am pretty new and i don't really use the forum that much.
no you can't unless you can find adapters to plug into your monitor
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
There is an HDMI adaptor with phono output, but I think you can only directly connect red and white channels to it without using an amp. It's 19.99 in game.
Should've been the Gaming Thread, but you plug in the speakers on your TV, not the Xbox.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
how on earth does you TV not have speakers ?

When did you buy said TV
I only have a LCD screen for PC , but i can plug it on my xbox with a HDMI adaptator.
I've had an xbox 360 for 4 years and it's never broken and never had a problem. Its better if you want to play online as EVERYONE has a headset so you can shout abuse at each other etc.

But yeah... wtf man? Do you mean youre using a computer monitor as a TV?
Check out my fitness blog here
Quote by FMCmakesmesmart
You plug the speakers into your TV. You can't plug them into the Xbox 360 itself. You will need adapters for that. Also, why would you want to buy an Xbox 360? lol. I went through 6 xbox's in 4 years. The longest one has lasted me was 10 months. And that one started to scratch all of my game discs just a couple weeks ago. So I traded it into gamestop. Just think about what you're getting yourself into before you actually buy the Xbox 360. I am certainly not buying another. Just consider getting a PS3 and spare yourself the frustration that Microsoft will bring you lol

You just seem to have bad luck with them.

PS3's exclusives don't compare to the 360's and anything else that's on PS3 is better on the 360 anyways.
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
Quote by FMCmakesmesmart
You plug the speakers into your TV. You can't plug them into the Xbox 360 itself. You will need adapters for that. Also, why would you want to buy an Xbox 360? lol. I went through 6 xbox's in 4 years. The longest one has lasted me was 10 months. And that one started to scratch all of my game discs just a couple weeks ago. So I traded it into gamestop. Just think about what you're getting yourself into before you actually buy the Xbox 360. I am certainly not buying another. Just consider getting a PS3 and spare yourself the frustration that Microsoft will bring you lol

Sounds like your rather rough with your box!
xbox 360 FTW!
Just Sooo Jaded!

Quote by drunknpunk204
Why cant Helen Keller drive?
cause shes a woman
PS3 FTW.

My friend got the red ring yesterday. XD

Isnt there a thread for this AKA the gaming thread
Current Stage Gear
Ibanez 1987 RG550 Road Flare Red(66th one ever made)
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
Quote by FMCmakesmesmart

I bought the elite when it came out and it has'nt given me trouble since. Mind you I havent exactly played it into the ground like my other consoles.
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
I have the exact same thing as you, if you can find an adapter, plug the red and white audio from your xbox into the adapter and then the black and green into the adapter and turn your speakers on and it should work.
The one game i have been hearing that is really good for the PS3 (some say that its even one of the best games ever) is called Uncharted 2. I checked it up and it looks pretty dam cool I must say.
Quote by ricv2106
Hi guys,

I am planing to get an XBOX 360 in the near future.
And to prepare for it , i bought myself a nice 26 INC LCD
It has a great display and all but it does not have speakers.... won't you hate to play on your XBOX on your nice LCD without any SOUND? yeah, i would hate to. but my question is this.

I have a 5.1 sound system for my PC, but you know it has 3 little cables (a black,green and orange one), so my question is.

Can i plug in my 5.1 sound system on my XBOX? Are there any adaptators that would allow me to do that? if so, are they expensive and easy to find?

Thanks Guys.

Rock on.

PS: Please forgive me if its posted in the wrong part of the forum, i am pretty new and i don't really use the forum that much.

i plugged the green one into my TVs headphone jack and my sound's great. Can't get all 5 speakers in surround though. Just two fronts and the sub
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
I have the same thing except i used this to plug it into my stereo.

(Invalid img)
Team Coco
I gots the Red Ring of Death

Just sent it in 2 days ago. Not a single person I know who's had an Xbox360 for over two years hasn't had to trade it in. Damn it's fun though. Have fun gaming it up.
I have a friend that had the red ring of death... and one day i went to his house and asked him to play, he said it was broken but after thinking he told me. wait a min, we are going to make it work (i think it had the red ring of death too), he wraped the xbox in a pullover and switched it on so that it "cooks" for about 45 min.... after 45 min the XBOX was dam HOT , so hot that if u put ur hand on it it would burn...lol. then after 5 min of cooling down he tried to switch it on again.... and guess what? IT worked, just like before! but he sent it back a few fays later and got a new one anyways.
^Really? Thats pretty sweet. One of my friends got the ring and he wrapped his in a towel and switched it on and it worked for about ten minutes... Never heard of this "cooking" thing before though, did he just come up with that or did he hear about it somewhere?
Doing the towel trick could make it work again for a short while, maybe a week or so. Then it flashes the red ring again, you could overheat it once more but it'll just keep breaking down on you, within shorter intervals each time.

So instead of voiding your warranty or something you should just send it in for repairs if it breaks.
he heard about it somewhere. dam, only 10min, thats a shame. but what my friend did worked for like the whole time we played (about 2-3h) which is not too bad.