Hi, I currently have an Epiphone ES-335 Dot which I've had for about 2 years now. I'm looking to improve the tone of the sound I get so I'm getting new valves in my Fender Deluxe Amp.
I am also thinking of getting new pick-ups on my guitar, but I am new to this area of guitar so was wondering whether you could help me out on this:

1)Will new pick-ups improve my tone?
2)What pick-ups should I get for the best quality for my Epiphone ES-335 Dot?
3)How much will the best ones cost, roughly in £'s?
4)Are they complicated to replace, or should I get a professional to do it?
5)Is it worthwhile!!??

Thanks.

They should do depending on the ones you buy

This all depends on what you play and what/who you want to sound like

Normaly £40+

they arnt hard if you know what you are doing, if you can solder you should be fine.

5)Is it worthwhile!!??

ive changed two of mine and im soo pleased i did but my guitars a very cheap strat copy which coz me £90 with an amp, bag , leads, picks, a new set of strings. so it wasnt goign to sound any worse.
Gear :
strat copy (SD Hotrails in bridge, Lil' 59 in Neck)
Orange Dual Terror
Orange PPC112
Pitchblack/SHO Clone/Morley PWA wah
Last edited by blenk at Dec 29, 2009,
What genres do you play?
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
I also like a nice bright clean tone (I also have a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Amp too if that helps!!)
id recomend the Seymour Duncan JB pickup, Sum 41s, deryck whibley uses one in his tele ive heard.
Gear :
strat copy (SD Hotrails in bridge, Lil' 59 in Neck)
Orange Dual Terror
Orange PPC112
Pitchblack/SHO Clone/Morley PWA wah
Ah right ok kool.
Are there any pick-ups that are prestigious for making good pick-ups or is it purely preference?
Thanks
depends, improvement is subjective, it can change the sound, whether you like it better or not is up to you.
Best quality vs. best for your needs are two different. The highest end pickups I can think of for that kind of guitar is going to a high end PAF copy like a Throbak or Stephens Design
~300 GBP
not at all
5)Is it worthwhile!!??
Depends, if the change in sound is what you are looking for, then yes.
Quote by jacko_17
Hi, I currently have an Epiphone ES-335 Dot which I've had for about 2 years now. I'm looking to improve the tone of the sound I get so I'm getting new valves in my Fender Deluxe Amp.
I am also thinking of getting new pick-ups on my guitar, but I am new to this area of guitar so was wondering whether you could help me out on this:

5)Is it worthwhile!!??

Thanks.

yes it is worth your while cause if you are a big time rocker then you will want the best tone you can find yes if you replace your pick ups then you will get a better tone dependion on what kinda pick ups you get not to sure about what kind of pick ups though i will think on it and get back to you>>
Yeh, so I'm now definitely thinking about changing pickups as I have had my ES-335 for about 2 and a half years now, I've just revalved my amp and I'm still not happy with the clean sound it is giving!
My budget maximum will be about £100, anyone make any recommendations for my Epiphone 335 Dot? (I'm looking for a rocky sound like Biffy Clyro/Paramore)
Thanks.