I starting to play with a new band and the suggest that I get a 5 string b/c thats what their previous bass players used, so I found an olp mm3 for cheap. Does anyone who's had an olp bass know if the body is laminated or solid wood?
I used to have the natural one, which is elm with a flamed maple laminate (which I've read in a couple of places is just a picture of some flamed maple laminated, similar to laminate flooring) the painted ones are basswood.

Be careful with OLP's, make sure you try it out first, the one I stupidly bought off the internet had a badly bowed neck and 3 frets that were standing way above the fretboard, so it buzzed like hell and was pretty much unplayable before I got it set up. Also they hadn't bothered to screw the pickup down, so I'm guessing OLP's quality control can't really be bothered to do their job all the time.

Although it's a cheap bass I also found the pickup to be very weak sounding so you may end up having to upgrade that too. Also the neck felt very cheap on mine. All that being said some people seem to like them, so I may have just had a very bad example.
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Quote by faultyy
I used to have the natural one, which is elm with a flamed maple laminate (which I've read in a couple of places is just a picture of some flamed maple laminated, similar to laminate flooring) the painted ones are basswood.

Be careful with OLP's, make sure you try it out first, the one I stupidly bought off the internet had a badly bowed neck and 3 frets that were standing way above the fretboard, so it buzzed like hell and was pretty much unplayable before I got it set up. Also they hadn't bothered to screw the pickup down, so I'm guessing OLP's quality control can't really be bothered to do their job all the time.

Although it's a cheap bass I also found the pickup to be very weak sounding so you may end up having to upgrade that too. Also the neck felt very cheap on mine. All that being said some people seem to like them, so I may have just had a very bad example.

aside from the laminate top, do you know if the rest of the body is laminated like plywood or solid? I found a guy with it on craigslist for 165 bucks so im gonna try it out first
It's solid wood
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis