Hello, i got a problem my sound on my amplifier. Whenever i turn the distortion up it starts to make really annoying sound, like a buzz. Whenever i dont hit the strings it just buzzing all the time. I dont know what the problem is, maybe its the guitar maybe its the amplifier.

I use a effect pedal called zoom g2.1u and i made a "heavy metal" patch and the sound is just awfull i cant play because the buzz just messes everything up.

Some other information about my gear:
I use a Peavey 112 Bandit amplifier and my guitar is this crappy les paul copy.

Here is a sample of it:
http://www.zshare.net/audio/70536387f0550df3/

Any tips?
Can it be the guitar?
Last edited by Flingz at Dec 29, 2009,
Does it go away when you touch the strings? If so thats normal, the only way to minimize it is to sheidl your guitar or buy a noise gate. I recomend shielding if you can solder, its cheaper as well and works wonders.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
^ That's not normal. The guitar isn't grounded if that is the case.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
most likely a grounding issue.. either the guitar's bridge is not connected to the ground wire or the power supply socket you use is not properly grounded. (i apologize for my nontechnical english)
Sorry. But the title gets me

loud noise fro my amplifier

I just thought...

Well thats good....

Time on earth is like butterscotch; you really want more, even though it will probably just make you ill.

Certified lurker
ive had enough of the damn guitar. Im saving up for a new guitar.
But its not my amplifier thats wrong then?
Is your guitar next to electric devices like TVs, PCs, microwaves, whatever?
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
unplug your amp from any multiple power strip and go direct into the wall outlet. if that does`t cure it check the wiring on the guitar , could be ground hum from other appliances that are running at a differet frequency to the amp, a common cause is flourescent light in buildings with old wiring, and tv`s pc`s, fridges.
Seriously, it's probably computers and stuff interfering, it's most probably the amps fault, not the guitars.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Quote by Raijouta
^ That's not normal. The guitar isn't grounded if that is the case.

It is normal to a degree. It shouldn't be overpowering though, if it is overpower then its something like a loose ground wire within the guitar. However if his gain is cranked to 10 then hes gonna get alot of hum.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ