tl;dr
My friend listens to emo shit music, how can I get him to grow some balls and listen to better stuff?

Well. Dear Pit.
I have an irritating thing to tell you: One of my buddies just discovered BMFV. He thinks they're some kind of new band that NO ONE have EVER heard of... especially not me.
Yesterday he asked me if I had heard Scream Aim Fire.

Let me ask you: WHO THE **** HAVE NEVER HEARD OF BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE ?!
Also, he have been copying my music for a while... But HOW did he manage to get into BFMV...?
(Let me make this clear: I listen to Dimmu Borgir, Necrophagist, Arch Enemy, Nightwish and such bands.)

Another thing before you yell at me: I have nothing against BFMV-fans...I just think they're annoying. And yes, they do have some good songs, but I'm sick of them since everybody is getting more and more into them at my school. (Also, I liked them a year ago... but they've got so boring songs I get sick of them pretty easily).

Pit. What can I do to get him to listen to something else when I'm around ? He doesn't care if I ask him to switch, if I turn off the sound he gets angry and turns it louder. Dammit.
Last edited by MaritMatrix at Dec 29, 2009,
Let's just talk about how sexy you are
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
get him into unearth, all that remains or any more musically/instrumentally talented metalcore band so you dont end up blowing ur brains out when he puts "his" music on. and maybe eventually you can bridge him over into death/black metal. baby steps, tho, my friend. baby steps.
Quote by Briyan_15
I think this man has a reputation to defend and "poop head" is not in that reputation.

Quote by omegasus
RUSSELL! WHAT THE ****!!!!
Quote by Nor'Easterbass
get him into unearth, all that remains or any more musically/instrumentally talented metalcore band so you dont end up blowing ur brains out when he puts "his" music on. and maybe eventually you can bridge him over into death/black metal. baby steps, tho, my friend. baby steps.

omg ur so metal
Quote by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

Quote by tremeloud

damn he's sexy

EDit: get him into BTBAM
Quote by DieGarbageMan
i can become erect whilst displeasing women

What a talented person.
you should wright out the band name. it's only a few more keystrokes buddy, your fingers can handle it.
"Social correctness has traditionally had nothing whatever to do with reason, logic, or physics. In fact, in England it is generally considered socially incorrect to know stuff or think about things."
-Douglas Adams
Here's a thought.

Shut up and let him listen to whatever he wants to listen to.
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Quote by tremeloud

Good idea. But I suck at hijacking threads. Someone hijack plz?
Guitarist and composer of the band SHADOWMIND. Check it out:

Bandcamp
Facebook
lol. people who listen to good music have never heard BFMV!
Just Sooo Jaded!

Quote by drunknpunk204
Why cant Helen Keller drive?
cause shes a woman
You find BFMV fans annoying?

You're pretty annoying yourself, get a life and let them listen to what they want.
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
This thread is so lame on so many different levels.

Who gives a shit what other people listen to? Seriously.

If you have nothing better to do than sit around and B&M about what music your friends are listening to then you should either get a life or just kill yourself.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
force feed him BTBAM until he is addicted, like my heroin dealer did with me
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Wow, he has a different opinion to you? Shame on him!
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
I actually quite like BFMV. Well, until they made "Scream. Aim. Fire!". Let him listen to whatever the hell he wants to. One of my mates listens to Take That. I don't try to to swamp him with my music.

Also TS, your music taste is shite.
Quote by MaritMatrix

Another thing before you yell at me: I have nothing against BFMV-fans...I just think they're annoying.

just get over it..
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
Well I put it to you good sir that several years ago I made a thread about BFMV and NO ONE knew who they were.

(that may have been on taborama...)

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen

Quote by justinb904
force feed him BTBAM until he is addicted, like my heroin dealer did with me

I doubt the TS likes BTBAM either. Most black metal fans that I know or have encountered are very close minded to most other kinds of music, MOST THAT I HAVE ENCOUNTERED!!!...