Hi, I'm going to be buying a PRS SE Custom soon, but I noticed that it says on the PRS site that it has been discontinued. Is there a reason for this? Do you think they could be releasing a new version soon and that I should wait a while for it?

Also, does anyone have anyone experience with this guitar? I've heard good reviews so I'm hoping for good things
for the price they arent bad. i was bummed to find out they dont have a wide neck like the more pricey prs guitars. i had played a gibson sg standard prior to laying the prs, so i dont have the best out look on it coming from such a nice guitar.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Will preamp tubes turn black and melt slightly undernormal conditions and still work?
I would get an SG standard, shame I don't have £999 to spend on a guitar at the moment
its possible they're going to release a new one. its been around for quite a while now.... if you do get one though, go used. you can get them really cheap.
they're great for the money. a friend of mine has one and its a work horse. it can do anything you want it to.
maybe the prs se custom 22 fret is discontinued but i know they just release the same one but with 24 frets this year.

edit: just saw the website the 24 fret is discontinued too haha. im guessing they 're gonna be releasing a new one but thats just a guess :P
Very Orange CARVIN DC 700
PRS SE Custom - crunch lab&PAF pro
Ibanez GRX40 - modified
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ 2x12 cab

Originally Posted by Shirate
The guitar, the only beautiful female that looks better with the top ON haha

Transformice
Last edited by Rocketface2112 at Dec 29, 2009,
On the website it says the SE Custom 22 and the SE Custom 24 have been discontinued. And I plan to buy used, can save some good money there
They are coming out with a new version here shortly, and of course the custom 24 is a very reliable guitar for the money.
Well I won't have enough money to buy one till late february, hopefully it will be out by then
Quote by JackMorris
Hi, I'm going to be buying a PRS SE Custom soon, but I noticed that it says on the PRS site that it has been discontinued. Is there a reason for this? Do you think they could be releasing a new version soon and that I should wait a while for it?

Also, does anyone have anyone experience with this guitar? I've heard good reviews so I'm hoping for good things

The reason is that they're trying to cash in as much as they can with 25th anniversary models.
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
I'm planning on getting a PRS SE Custom 24 as well..
Should I go used or buy new? I was planning on buying new, and that'd run me $500 USD..
What would I pay for a good used one?
If your looking to get a Custom 24, I would wait until we unvail our new models at NAMM. You'll shit bricks! We have a shit load of new models coming out in 2010. So in about 3 weeks you guys should be seeing those.
GUITARS
2008 Agile Intrepid Dual
2008 Jackson COW7
2008 Ibanez S7320
2008 PRS Single Cut SE
2007 ESP LTD EC-1000 SC
2007 Parker PM-20
1999 Ibanez S470
AMPS
Line 6 HD147
CABINETS
Line 6 Spider II 4X12
Quote by LeaveNoAshes
If your looking to get a Custom 24, I would wait until we unvail our new models at NAMM. You'll shit bricks! We have a shit load of new models coming out in 2010. So in about 3 weeks you guys should be seeing those.

How long after the NAMM show until the guitars are in the stores?
Quote by FatalGear41
How long after the NAMM show until the guitars are in the stores?

I'd have to double check but I know the SE Torero and the 25th Anniversary Custom 24 should be in stores by Feburary. The Opeth Sig and the Nick Catanese Sig might be alittle later but not by too much. We have some other new models that I can't tell you about, but at NAMM everything will be revealed and I can talk about it.
GUITARS
2008 Agile Intrepid Dual
2008 Jackson COW7
2008 Ibanez S7320
2008 PRS Single Cut SE
2007 ESP LTD EC-1000 SC
2007 Parker PM-20
1999 Ibanez S470
AMPS
Line 6 HD147
CABINETS
Line 6 Spider II 4X12
You might want to wait till post-NAMM, I heard that the 25th SEs, or at least some of them, will have little birdies flying along the fretboard. Although they might not be made out of the nice materials like the USA made PRS, they're still a very nice touch.
Ooh, I'd love to have bird inlays. I think I'll wait (: This may be a stupid question, but when is NAMM?
PRS have discontinued loads of their USA and Korean made guitars, the are however revamping the range of guitars. the new models do include a opeth signature SE, a Nick Cantansese Evil twin SE, The Paul allenders have been updated and now have emgs, Not forgetting the 24 fret Custom with a floyd rose and emgs.

theres also going to be 25th anniversary model SE's also.

if you can find a SE custom in stock, i'd grab it if you want it. they are well made guitars and are good value for money
i think they still have a couple of the SC customs in stock at musicstreet.co.uk I'm not sure though, if your defiantly wanting one give them a call, speak to tony if they dont have one i'm sure they can source one easily as the distributor's just down the road from the shop.

theyre good guys to deal with, They sourced me my PRS sc245 57/08, and no doubt will do the same again when i want something else for my collection
I know where I can find one, it's just the issue of whether to wait or not at the moment :/
I love my Custom SE 24.. IF you have a chance to buy one, do it.
Guitar/bass/mandolin stuff:
PRS SE Custom 24
PRS SE Paul Allender
Martin DCX1E
Squire Start
Memphis Bass
Johnson Savannah mando

Amp/effects/misc:
Digitech RP1000
Line 6 Spider Valve 212
Toneport Studio KB37

check out my last.fm!
that prs se custom 22 in my sig is screaming buy me. I think i have to many guitars. I almost bought a se eg today too. All the SE's are such nice guitars.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
I'm going to a music shop tomorrow so I'll get a chance to try one out. I still think I'm going to wait till NAMM to make my decision though.