How many people find this to be the single most bittersweet, stressful website known to man?

The second I make a bid, I have this thing tabbed, ready to text me, and IM me if I get outbid, then war it out with the other guy until I win.

I really want my N64

Anyone have any nifty Ebay-related stories, or agreements?
Top 15:
Neutral Milk Hotel
Smashing Pumpkins
Placebo
Elliott Smith
Devendra Banhart
Pavement
Anberlin
Eve 6
The Clash
Imogen Heap
Ingrid Michaelson
Bayside
Minus The Bear
The Replacements
Bright Eyes/Conor Oberst
Ebay is great. Got my pen tablet from there for cheap. Not to mention Ebay was how I made a living for a while.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
I have never used it, despite really wanting to lately.

Also, if you want an N64, get an emulator and a USB controller. It's a lot less hassle than trying to acquire one (not to mention games) that still works. And trust me, the gameplay is still the same.
emulator probably won't feel exactly the same nostalgia wise but i'd say its the better choice, but yeah ebay is damn awesome when you get a good deal but right now im struggling for a certain guitar which only comes up for auction every now and then and its tearful seeing it go to a higher bidder so often
Quote by pwninator123
How many people find this to be the single most bittersweet, stressful website known to man?

The second I make a bid, I have this thing tabbed, ready to text me, and IM me if I get outbid, then war it out with the other guy until I win.

I really want my N64

Anyone have any nifty Ebay-related stories, or agreements?

Doesnt ebay do this thing where you set a limit, and it automatically bids for you?
Quote by archangels666
I have never used it, despite really wanting to lately.

Also, if you want an N64, get an emulator and a USB controller. It's a lot less hassle than trying to acquire one (not to mention games) that still works. And trust me, the gameplay is still the same.

I've gone the Emu route, not nearly as fun, and computer is kind of a fail anyway, much prefer the old school setup, same with my NES and SNES
Top 15:
Neutral Milk Hotel
Smashing Pumpkins
Placebo
Elliott Smith
Devendra Banhart
Pavement
Anberlin
Eve 6
The Clash
Imogen Heap
Ingrid Michaelson
Bayside
Minus The Bear
The Replacements
Bright Eyes/Conor Oberst
If there are any Goodwills in your area, check those out for older systems. Me and my friends have gotten 3 N64's, a few Sega Genesis, an Atari, a couple gamecubes, a playstation, and a ps2. None of them cost us more than $24
Check out my punk band!!! Lizard on the Window We found a drummer and are now recording.

White Version FC: 4083 9268 4644
White 2 FC: 5372 8215 3622
3DS FC: 1676 4085 1677
Quote by jimmy_neutron
Doesnt ebay do this thing where you set a limit, and it automatically bids for you?

I'm trying to be careful.
Top 15:
Neutral Milk Hotel
Smashing Pumpkins
Placebo
Elliott Smith
Devendra Banhart
Pavement
Anberlin
Eve 6
The Clash
Imogen Heap
Ingrid Michaelson
Bayside
Minus The Bear
The Replacements
Bright Eyes/Conor Oberst
Quote by blizzboy
If there are any Goodwills in your area, check those out for older systems. Me and my friends have gotten 3 N64's, a few Sega Genesis, an Atari, a couple gamecubes, a playstation, and a ps2. None of them cost us more than $24

Mine all fail, I can occasionally find the games, but rarely, either no one turns them in, or they go the day of, I look every other day or so, same with garage sales
Top 15:
Neutral Milk Hotel
Smashing Pumpkins
Placebo
Elliott Smith
Devendra Banhart
Pavement
Anberlin
Eve 6
The Clash
Imogen Heap
Ingrid Michaelson
Bayside
Minus The Bear
The Replacements
Bright Eyes/Conor Oberst
Quote by pwninator123
Mine all fail, I can occasionally find the games, but rarely, either no one turns them in, or they go the day of, I look every other day or so, same with garage sales

Well that's no fun, haha. Try talking to the guys there and asking what day and time the trucks come in, so you can be the first one to pick through it. We've had to do that a few times. And N64s are kinda rare, so you'll have to get lucky for that. And most of the games you'll find are old sports games.
Check out my punk band!!! Lizard on the Window We found a drummer and are now recording.

White Version FC: 4083 9268 4644
White 2 FC: 5372 8215 3622
3DS FC: 1676 4085 1677
Quote by blizzboy
Well that's no fun, haha. Try talking to the guys there and asking what day and time the trucks come in, so you can be the first one to pick through it. We've had to do that a few times. And N64s are kinda rare, so you'll have to get lucky for that. And most of the games you'll find are old sports games.

Hate old sports games, HATE THEM. But I've resorted to constant Goodwilling for my SNES since mine stopped working, and may try some other assorted thrifty goodness. I'm excited for this though, wanted an N64 since I was 5, and I just went out of my way to befriend people who had them XD
Top 15:
Neutral Milk Hotel
Smashing Pumpkins
Placebo
Elliott Smith
Devendra Banhart
Pavement
Anberlin
Eve 6
The Clash
Imogen Heap
Ingrid Michaelson
Bayside
Minus The Bear
The Replacements
Bright Eyes/Conor Oberst
Quote by jimmy_neutron
careful of what?

Complete control over cautionary hope XD
Top 15:
Neutral Milk Hotel
Smashing Pumpkins
Placebo
Elliott Smith
Devendra Banhart
Pavement
Anberlin
Eve 6
The Clash
Imogen Heap
Ingrid Michaelson
Bayside
Minus The Bear
The Replacements
Bright Eyes/Conor Oberst
I still have my original SNES and N64!

=D
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
Quote by pwninator123
Complete control over cautionary hope XD

YOU set a monetary limit, and Ebay bids up to and including that limit, and never a single penny over. I see nothing wrong with this.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Why don't you stop bidding, let the guy think he's won, then bid at the last minute? Bid substantially higher, but no higher than you're willing to go. If the other bidder's set a limit lower, then great, if he's set one higher then you wouldn't have bid that much anyway.
hello
Quote by pwninator123

I fucking hate people that can't just wait until the last few seconds to make a bid... instead they drive the price up until a vinyl that should be worth thirty is selling for eighty.

Christ. You'd think everyone would have learned by now, bidding sooner = higher prices. It's useless. Don't do it.

EDIT: ^ Dear gods. Thank you for stating as much.
EBAY RULES!

Also try craigslist. if you have it for your area. maybe post a craigslist wanted add
Just Sooo Jaded!

Quote by drunknpunk204
Why cant Helen Keller drive?
cause shes a woman