The title pretty much says it all. When I sustain a note and let it die out, it doesn't go out quietly, but fades into a bunch of popping and crackling, with a little feedback into the mix. This pretty much only happens on the "red" high-gain channels. I suspect it's the noise gate, as there are a lot of complaints about that, but just in case this isn't normal, I was wondering if I should take it back into the shop and exchange it or what. I've switched cables and amps and even guitars, so I've pretty much narrowed the hum down to the amp itself.

Edit: There's also some hum on all channels when I'm not playing.

Thanks!
Last edited by Wynterbite at Dec 29, 2009,
Not too sure as I have only tried the Vypyr out in stores and I am actually thinking of picking one up. I would return it for another one if you still can to be on the safe side. Other than this have you had any other problems with this amp? How do you like it?
I have the Vypyr15 and it does the same thing.It's a great amp, but that is one thing i don't like, but I just have to ignore it.
the buzz might be the gain really high up
i have the vyper 15
and whenever it acts funky, i just unplug it. it helps reboot the software
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
I had this problem, and not even restarting the software worked. I just took it back to the shop, got a new one, and its absolutely fine now. Only annoying thing was having to put in all my presets again.
No other problems; I love this amp, and if I do return it, it'll be for another of the same kind!

I don't believe it's the gain; I've tried low-gain too, but the same thing happens.

Edit: So returning it worked for you, lettuce? Thanks; I think I'll definitely go that route then.
Probably a bad intrument cable?
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
I had this problem, and not even restarting the software worked. I just took it back to the shop, got a new one, and its absolutely fine now. Only annoying thing was having to put in all my presets again.

Great.I think I'll take mine back and get a new one to see if it works for me.It honestly didn't bother me that much, but I would like it to sound better when I sustain notes.
Welcome to the world of digital distortion modeling. If you think this is bad, try playing fuzz on a Digitech RP55.
Well, I took it back yesterday and exchanged it for the same amp and unfortunately it is doing the same thing.Oh well, I guess I'll have to deal with it.
I might take it back to exchange yet again because it shut off a couple times when I was playing and the one time it took a while to finally turn on again.
Quote by jpnyc
Welcome to the world of digital distortion modeling. If you think this is bad, try playing fuzz on a Digitech RP55.

You do realize the Vypyr is an analog modeler, right?
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs