apparently there is active pups (EMG's v7 and v8) but i cant find the small back plate for the batteries.

where will the batteries be?
Quote by Sammm1
apparently there are active pups (EMG's v7 and v8) but i cant find the small back plate for the batteries.

where will the batteries be?

Fixed.

But the battery could be in the same spot as the other electronics(tone pots, volume, etc.)
For sale:
Schecter C1 Classic.
Schecter 007 Elite.
Randall G2 Head.
Crate 4x12 cab.
Line 6 POD XT.
Samson PG2200 power amp.
they're not.

i've read multiple times about them having active pups, yet my friend says he's sure they are passive.
Those are not active EMG's, are Ibanez made pickups.
Even God has a Hell, his love for Humanity.
by Friedrich Nietzsche

Call me Edge
Yeah, they probably are passive, I haven't looked.
I don't think any Ibanez comes with EMG's.
For sale:
Schecter C1 Classic.
Schecter 007 Elite.
Randall G2 Head.
Crate 4x12 cab.
Line 6 POD XT.
Samson PG2200 power amp.
Designed by EMG.
But they're still passive.
For sale:
Schecter C1 Classic.
Schecter 007 Elite.
Randall G2 Head.
Crate 4x12 cab.
Line 6 POD XT.
Samson PG2200 power amp.
The RGR421 doesn't have EMGs I think. Atleast EMG v7 or v8 doesn't exist.

They may look like EMGs but.
Quote by TheChaz
I ran over two squirrels at once one time. They were chasing after each other in the street, and I swerved to avoid them, but ended up with one under each tire. Still my greatest driving accomplishment to date.

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Hitler could have been aborted
Quote by AustinxAtomic
Designed by EMG.
But they're still passive.

Exactly. Designed by EMG, made by Ibanez. They're passives - I should know. Imo, they're pretty much the best stock pick ups you'll get anywhere in that price range.
Jeez

The V7 and V8 have been in Ibanez guitars for a while, they are NOT the same as the IBZ/EMG designed pickups that were in the 2007 model RGR421. These are easy to tell because they have white writing in the corner, the V7/V8 just have it inlaid in the bottom center. The 2008 model was red like the 2007 but had V7/V8, the 2009 model is the purple one with V7/V8. They are the same as what comes in the Prestige entry level 1570/1550 etc, but they are covered. They are definately passive.
Last edited by potatohead_33 at Dec 30, 2009,