i jsut bought this new headset for xbox live, the modern warfare 2 black headset, but i dont know how to speak thru the mic, do I need to adjust the settings before using it or what?

p.s. this is my first headset so idk if its good, it was cheap so I decided to buy it.
What you need to do is retrun/sell the xbox, and buy a ps3.

Smell ya later!
Quote by Kioshi

Smell ya later!

Go figure, a ps3 lover shows up in a thread about 360's to bash..
didn't see that coming.
For sale:
Schecter C1 Classic.
Schecter 007 Elite.
Randall G2 Head.
Crate 4x12 cab.
Line 6 POD XT.
Samson PG2200 power amp.
if you have it plugged in you should see the icon beside your name in the lobby. it will look like a little speaker. when you talk it automatically picks it up.

ESP WA-600 - Ibanez RG350DX - Fender 60th Anniversary Strat

JSX 212 Combo - Peavey Vypyr 30

Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Quote by Kioshi
Smell ya later!

What a useful and inspiring post.

TS, assuming it's like every other 360 mic, you should be able to just plug it in and it'll work. It probably has volume controls right on the thing that you can adjust at your leisure.
Quote by NickoAbate
if you have it plugged in you should see the icon beside your name in the lobby. it will look like a little speaker. when you talk it automatically picks it up.

Im thankin u for two things, one for answerin my question, imma try it later, and for not being an asshole and answerin my question gently.

thx bro!
Isn't that the one where you put the mic against your throat?
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115