I usually put one down, then pick the other one up. Otherwise the straps and cables get all tangled up.
Gibson Les Paul BFG Gator
Line6 James Tyler Variax JTV-69
Line6 Pod HD500
Blackheart Handsome Devil
Quote by Dylanj.Bailey
????

That is how I feel. What are you talking about? Changing guitars as in getting used to how they play and sound after playing another one or what?
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
You put one down. You pick the other one up...?
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
The best way to change guitars is to click your fingers in the air whilst on stage, at which point your man slave will run over to you with your new guitar, allow said man slave to remove your first guitar and unplug the cable and place the new guitar on you. Do not make any attempt to move your arms to make it easier for him, let him do all the work like a mother dressing a stroppy child. When he is done and has plugged the cable in simply nod slightly and continue to play.
My Gear

Ibanez J Custom RG8570Z-BX - BKP Warpigs
ESP Eclipse II Full Thickness - BKP Nailbombs
Fender Mexican Strat - BKP Trilogy Suites.

Axe FX II - Matrix GT1000FX - Rocktron All Access.

Stinnett M7 in the works
Story of the Year has changing guitars down to an art. during live shows the two guitar players throw them across the stage, they both do a backflip, take the thrown guitar from the tech standing next to them, and keep playing. it's pretty impressive. try to find a youtube video of it sometime.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip