I got a Peavey Vypyr 75 watt for Christmas with the Sanpera I pedal. The pedal was intermittently working and not working, and then on the 27th, the amp wasn't making any noise. I tried everything, and it boiled down to the amp being broken.

I took them both back to my local Dawson's and they offered me a few alternatives. I got a Vox VT-50, I tried it in the shop and liked it. When I got it home, I started jamming and I hated it! It was way too fuzzy and grainy on most channels, although the clean sound was quite nice.

Anyway, I took that back to Dawson's today and they said that I could have a Roland Cube 80, Cube 60, Spider IV (which I REALLY don't want) or a Peavey Vypyr, either 75 watt or 100 watt. They also said that Roland was probably the best bet and that the Peaveys had major reliability issues. I do kind of like the idea of having a pitch shifter and wah and a million effects with the Peavey and also I love the warmth I get with the Roland...

What do you guys think, considering that I play proggy, heavy metal and need an amp that I can safely gig with? Also, the footswitches need to be taken into account; can you switch between amp models on the Roland without twisting the dial?

Thank you so much if you took the time to read that. Another massive thank you if you bother to reply!

Ali
RECTUM.

Quote by papershredder
Believe it or not, DT can be overlistened to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-DA4iggDD8

Quote by SmarterChild

Quote by tancanada
I know a girl who regularly orgasms in her sleep.

Ah, Rohypnol.
I'd go for another Vypyr, if they're offering the 100w for nothing extra, take it
ohai little sig.
Quote by drewfromutah
Just replace the Vypyr with another Vypyr. I doubt you'll get another lemon.

Yah, this. I would get the tube 60 though.
My store has had no reliability issues, and they've sold very many of them. Peavey's are usually very reliable.
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
Yeah, I've been thinking to myself that all I really want is another Vypyr... My dad's telling me to get the Roland, but I was fine with the Vypyr (until it failed...) and it made me happy. I think getting a new Vypyr is probably a risk I am willing to take, I've read many reviews saying it's very reliable. Thanks people
RECTUM.

Quote by papershredder
Believe it or not, DT can be overlistened to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-DA4iggDD8

Quote by SmarterChild

Quote by tancanada
I know a girl who regularly orgasms in her sleep.

Ah, Rohypnol.