Hey everyone i was taking my pickguard off my strat to fix a loose connection and the solder on the wire scatched my finish . i am pissed and i looked everywhere for a scratch remover and found this website http://guitarscratchremover.com/ . Has ordered from this website. Does it work? Thanks.
I have no clue about "scratch remover" But the way I understand it, You can't remove a scratch once it's there. You just have to polish it with polishing papers until its gone or you can fill it in with a similarly colored filler and then polish it.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
most of those scratch remover products dont really work.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
From what I understand, superficial scratches can be buffed and polished out like Gargoyle said. If it's in the wood, it's there for good. What these scratch "removers" do is fill in the scratch with a clear, glue like liquid so it just appears that they've been removed.

Dings and dents happen. Just best to leave it be, I feel.
i got some polish it helped only see it when light hits it,Thanks for all the input
leave it, it adds character

+1 to jenny`s post

my jem (£2500 rrp, didn`t pay that) is 18 months old and has 5 minor dents/chips in the paint work...not bothered....proves i play it.
If you only see it when the light hits it then dw about it. My guitar has loads of little marks like that. People probably won't notice it
I use automotive polishes and compounds on Poly coated guitars with great results. I wouldn't doubt that is what a lot of these guitar polish scratch removers are. As long as the the scratch is just in the clear coat you can usually polish it out if it goes down to the wood and the finish color you can use dyes I use clear fingernail polish build it up over the finish and wet sand it down then polish it. My repairs are invisible! For solid color guitars it's more complicated because it's a bitch matching up the color. I have my best luck on black guitars. Again I use black fingernail polish and use the same method I do for clear coats.

Stewart Mac Donald sells all kinds of finish products. One of the best tips I ever got from them was how to hide a scratch in a Nitro finish clear coat. I used it several times with invisible results. They recommend filling the imperfection with CA (Superglue) then wet sanding it flush and polishing it to a shine. It WORKS! Nitro finished guitars are harder to work on especially if it's got an age. You never know how thick the finish is so you have to be very careful not to remove the finish when sanding and polishing.

John
Scratch removes dont work! You cannot remove a a mark in a paint job with a cream, that makes no sense, it defies the laws of physics haha.

You're either gonna have to get the paint job redone, or leave, and I agree with it adding character.

Those are the guitars battle scars man.
Fire it up, let the engines roll!
It's time to burn it down!
Keep bleeding on till the day you die!
Forever love it loud, yeah!
Quote by ibanezgod1973
leave it, it adds character

Quote by Bazookajoe_666

Those are the guitars battle scars man.

Quote by heminder
the best solution is to beat it up even more

These.

Honestly every scratch tells a story. Even if it's a really really really boring story lmao.
The things you do to your guitar define the guitar as it belonged to you.
Quote by siverstorm
These.

Honestly every scratch tells a story. Even if it's a really really really boring story lmao.
The things you do to your guitar define the guitar as it belonged to you.

Yeah. Unless it's affecting the playability, just leave it.
Time to let the topic die now, Folks.

Quote by rpt53
i got some polish it helped only see it when light hits it,Thanks for all the input
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.