So, I have used these 10% off coupon deals before on my PRS and my old Fender Squire... but Looking on the back it says : excludes fender, peavey... and a bunch more..

So does this Mean they will be cheap and not give me 10% off on a peavey amp?

But that's weird if they don't because it says excludes fender, and I bought a squire with 10% off... :X
Guitar/bass/mandolin stuff:
PRS SE Custom 24
PRS SE Paul Allender
Martin DCX1E
Squire Start
Memphis Bass
Johnson Savannah mando

Amp/effects/misc:
Digitech RP1000
Line 6 Spider Valve 212
Toneport Studio KB37

check out my last.fm!
Just think, you can get 10% off a packet of Planet Waves picks!
Gibson Les Paul BFG Gator
Line6 James Tyler Variax JTV-69
Line6 Pod HD500
Blackheart Handsome Devil
They will most likely give it to you. If you are slick enough and just say how you didn't notice it, and ask politely, they will probably do it. If not, you could just say "Darn... I really only had enough to cover it at that price + tax" and how you "Guess I'll have to get it another time or something." Chances are they will go for a sale now and just give it to you. They make a lot of profit off of guitars anyways and I'm pretty sure they still get part of their pay as commission.
┌─┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬─┐
├─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬┤
├┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┤
Ultimate Guitar Set Up Q&A Thread─┤
├┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┤
└─┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴─┘
Quote by Chaos Nil
They will most likely give it to you. If you are slick enough and just say how you didn't notice it, and ask politely, they will probably do it. If not, you could just say "Darn... I really only had enough to cover it at that price + tax" and how you "Guess I'll have to get it another time or something." Chances are they will go for a sale now and just give it to you. They make a lot of profit off of guitars anyways and I'm pretty sure they still get part of their pay as commission.

Or even better, say, "Aww, i guess i'll have to get it at a different music store"
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
Yeah, I wasn't going to buy shit unless they gave it to me. XD 10% is alot off of $600! :P

Thanks guys~
PRS SE Custom 24
PRS SE Paul Allender
Martin DCX1E
Squire Start
Memphis Bass
Johnson Savannah mando

Amp/effects/misc:
Digitech RP1000
Line 6 Spider Valve 212
Toneport Studio KB37

check out my last.fm!
Coupons are gimmicks to get you in the store and feel like you are losing out saving a few bucks if you don't buy something. You want to really score at GC? Make them price match something you want that is in stock at an online store that is cheaper and has no shipping and tax required if you can. Take then a computer print out from the online store cart screen so GC can see what the final amount would be there. If there is a shipping charge they will add that into the item price so avoid that and look for a free shipping deal. Sometimes when they honor a price match they advertise 10% the difference off. For example for Christmas I got myself a Boss NS-2 that they wanted to sell for $110. I found it at Musicians Friend for $79. GC wasn't to happy about it but they had to sell theirs to me for $75 so that was a deal!
Fender Malmsteen Strat > Boss NS2 Noise Suppressor > NS2 Send > NeoClassic 3080 Compressor > NeoClassic 741 Overdrive > NS2 Return > NS2 Output > VHT Special 6 Ultra Amp > Amp Send > MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay > Boss RC3 Loop Station > Amp Return
Last edited by Yngwie#1 at Dec 29, 2009,
GC price matches? Nice
PRS SE Custom 24
PRS SE Paul Allender
Martin DCX1E
Squire Start
Memphis Bass
Johnson Savannah mando

Amp/effects/misc:
Digitech RP1000
Line 6 Spider Valve 212
Toneport Studio KB37

check out my last.fm!
Quote by Yngwie#1
For example for Christmas I got myself a Boss NS-2 that they wanted to sell for $110. I found it at Musicians Friend for $79. GC wasn't to happy about it but they had to sell theirs to me for $75 so that was a deal!

MF IS GC! Same exact company.

Now... What ya need to do is make them pircematch a guitar you find for $200 less on sale. The look on their faces then is pure hilarity.
Quote by eXperiment63
MF IS GC! Same exact company. Now... What ya need to do is make them pircematch a guitar you find for $200 less on sale. The look on their faces then is pure hilarity.

Are you certain? The girl at the counter looked mad and showed my printout to her co-worker and said, "Why are they doing this? I checked and it's legit." LOL.
Fender Malmsteen Strat > Boss NS2 Noise Suppressor > NS2 Send > NeoClassic 3080 Compressor > NeoClassic 741 Overdrive > NS2 Return > NS2 Output > VHT Special 6 Ultra Amp > Amp Send > MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay > Boss RC3 Loop Station > Amp Return
That's pretty funny.

GCs 30 day return policy makes it so if you find the item cheaper or it goes on sale you can go in and get that money reimbursed right?
PRS SE Custom 24
PRS SE Paul Allender
Martin DCX1E
Squire Start
Memphis Bass
Johnson Savannah mando

Amp/effects/misc:
Digitech RP1000
Line 6 Spider Valve 212
Toneport Studio KB37

check out my last.fm!
Yes, MF and GC are the same company.

MF has a 15% off online coupon thing going on right now FYI.
Quote by DeadlyDevil1985
That's pretty funny.

GCs 30 day return policy makes it so if you find the item cheaper or it goes on sale you can go in and get that money reimbursed right?

Link: http://gc.guitarcenter.com/legal/tac.cfm
Quote by Roc8995
Yes, MF and GC are the same company.

OMG, that gives her statements a whole new meaning! Thanks for the info
Yeah GC and MF are the same company and yeah we price match each other. Big deal, happy to do it if it helps the customer get what they need.

And to the OP, the coupon says "no use on CERTAIN peavey and fender" because there are certain products (EG the SVR Lenny signature) that we cant take anything off of. Idk about peavey but thats what it is. We'll use a 10% coupon on a peavey amp anytime.

And pricematches are "the match + 10% of the difference." so if the pedal is 100 instore and 90 at Sweetwater or something, we'll sell it to you for 89.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Squier Classic Vibe Tele
Fulltone Clyde Wah
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone Deja Vibe
Fuzz Factory
Carbon Copy

Boutique Marshall-Style 50watt amp head
Orange 2x12
Thanks Hyper.
PRS SE Custom 24
PRS SE Paul Allender
Martin DCX1E
Squire Start
Memphis Bass
Johnson Savannah mando

Amp/effects/misc:
Digitech RP1000
Line 6 Spider Valve 212
Toneport Studio KB37

check out my last.fm!
It hasn't been a secret that Music123, Guitar Center, and Musicians Friend are all part of the same company. Not only that, but also Giardinelli/The Woodwind and Brasswind, Guitar Sale, Private Reserve Guitars, Musician.com, and Harmony Central are all part of the same company. That's why a lot of their stuff ends up looking the same even if the sales are different occasionally.
I got an LTD EC-100 normally 949$ or 879$? i think for 599$ because of a Sam Ash sale GC had to match it.
Gear
Peavey Vypyr 15
Peavey Windsor head

Custom Ibanez RG
ESP EC-1000
Quote by matt s
I got an LTD EC-100 normally 949$ or 879$? i think for 599$ because of a Sam Ash sale GC had to match it.

Yeah me too!
What finish did you get?
ಥ_ಥ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ೃ ·ಏ· ಢ_ಢ

E-Married to the sexy DarkConcertine

and Jon777 .