Does anyone know of any manufactuers of old amps that are fairly unknown? I'm talking about stuff like old Gibsons, Silvertones, and Harmonys.
How about Quantum? I use to have an old mini stack from them but try as I might, I cannot find any pics of it on the net.
Vintage Traynors are awesome, underpriced amps. Same goes for Musicman, Sovtek and Novik.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Aw...I thought there were going to be gear PrOnZ

Whatever, there still might be a chance.

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees
Quote by dlguitarmaster7
how bout this

That's not a vintage amp.
Gear:
Squier Strat
Cordoba 20TM-CE Acoustic Electric Tenor Uke
Bugera V22
Vintage Gibsons are nice and affordable compared to similar Fenders of the day.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Alamo amps. American made, dirt cheap.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Lots of older Peavey amps can be had for peanuts.

Peavey VTM
Peavey XXX combos
Peavey Butcher
Peavey Ultra
Peavey Classic series
Peavey Supreme

List goes waaay on.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Sunn isnt exactly unknown, but I feel like they fall into the same area
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
Garnet. Motley Crue used them on Dr. Feelgood to fill out the 'bottom end.'
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by ch0
Garnet. Motley Crue used them on Dr. Feelgood to fill out the 'bottom end.'

Not to mention Mr. Garnet's Herzog is responsible for Randy Bachman's guitar sound on American Woman, one of the best tones of all time.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Quote by Jhachey22
Not to mention Mr. Garnet's Herzog is responsible for Randy Bachman's guitar sound on American Woman, one of the best tones of all time.
See, you learn something new every day. All I knew about Garnet was that they were Canadian.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by ch0
See, you learn something new every day. All I knew about Garnet was that they were Canadian.

I've never even heard of them.

I discover a new guitar or amp company every week, on average.
I've got an amp that was made around 1960. The brand name is excelsior. I got it from ebay about six years ago. I'm pretty sure it was meant to be an accordian amp. I redid the whole thing. It's a neat little amp. The power tubes are 6AQ5.
Bedrock. They were only made for a few years I think so there aren't a ton of them. I've seen them both for cheap and for probably a bit too much.
I have a huge fear if rays.
I have a '59 Magnatone, a '48 Ampro, a late 60's (?) Cordovox, and a couple 60's Silvertones collecting dust in my basement (and mind).

Somebody say vintage Peavey's?
Check out the Mace VT.
Quote by bsruther
I've got an amp that was made around 1960. The brand name is excelsior. I got it from ebay about six years ago. I'm pretty sure it was meant to be an accordian amp. I redid the whole thing. It's a neat little amp. The power tubes are 6AQ5.
My Mother can play the accordion - thank god that she doesn't. I have no idea why somebody would want to amplify one
Quote by Marty Friedman
Quote by ch0
My Mother can play the accordion - thank god that she doesn't. I have no idea why somebody would want to amplify one

This entire post was offensive to me.
Quote by ch0

Listen to The Band's "When I Paint My Masterpiece" and tell me accordion isn't awesome. or any Zydeco/Cajun/Acadian music.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Quote by Jhachey22
or any Zydeco/Cajun/Acadian music.

^This.

I spent few years in new Orleans, and those cats really get down.
Quote by bsruther

I'm sorry, i just had to

Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
electro voice made amps back in the day. I have one called a Mighty Olsen. I named my band after it!
If love was money I could afford you honey.

Bandalism [Ban-dil-i-zem] n.: the willful or malicious destruction of, or damage to, the fabric of a rock/pop/indie/metal group brought about by one or more of its members.
Quote by stykerwolf
Selmer made some nice amps back in the day, too bad they aren't easy to find

God i really want a non famous 1 watt tube amp to plug in and play right now...

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290385896502&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

it's 14 more watts than you wanted, but it seems like a decent amp to fiddle around with.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater