Pit, let's talk about brand consciousness. Do you care about brand names when you buy stuff? Do you show off your branded possessions? Do you not care at all? I grew up being slightly brand conscious. I had never purchased any other running shoes but Nikes, and I never rode any other skateboard wheels other than Rictas, and I still hold by those brands. Over the years, I've become more indifferent toward most brand names and stuff. Discuss.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Yep, I look to certain labels to deliver high quality goods. This doesnt mean I want to be an advert for them though. The best labels dont need to paste their logos everywhere, their quality alone carried them.
I used to always want Rictas when I was into skateboarding, never did get round to buying them
Quote by Monolith295
Tobysaurus is one sexy man.

Quote by Kensai
I think I love you Tobysaurus!

Quote by CFH82
God damn, you've given me a boner Toby!
I buy brand clothes from like pacsun and hot topic, but i don't care if it's not the "In" brand. I grew up slightly brand conscious like you, but i really don't care too much about it.

and rictas are amazing.
R.I.P foREVer
I'd say I'm pretty concious. I also tend to buy from the same brands because they constantly do stuff I like, for example Quiksilver and Animal. But yea I tend to have makes I automatically go for when I'm buying something. I don't show off about it though, I don't like go around shouting "LOOK AT ME IN MY *insert brand* CLOTHES"
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
It angers me when people feel the need to be a walking billboard such as my brother who only wears things with the Monster logo on it. A hat, a sweatshirt, shirt, and even a lanyard.

I don't like having a big logo on me. However, I don't avoid any specific brands. I just wear whats nice.
I don't like amps other than Peavey amps, so i guess i am (i also dont like electronics that arnt sony)
EDIT: I almost forgot, i dont like to have shoes other than C1RCA's More specifically i preffer the C1RCA Combat Div. TRE Assault
I don't read, I look at words and absorb their meanings.
If the pit was a group of people hangin out we would be possibly the most awsome group of people to be known to mankind.........I think it would be on the news
Last edited by STAN_THA_MAN at Dec 29, 2009,
I try not to look as if I'm wearing a brand; for example, I just got a couple pairs of slim Levi's jeans, and I'm currently cutting off all the tags and stuff that have the brand name on it, including the patches they usually put above the right-back pocket.
Quote by darkstar2466
Pit, let's talk about brand consciousness. Do you care about brand names when you buy stuff? Do you show off your branded possessions? Do you not care at all? I grew up being slightly brand conscious. I had never purchased any other running shoes but Nikes, and I never rode any other skateboard wheels other than Rictas, and I still hold by those brands. Over the years, I've become more indifferent toward most brand names and stuff. Discuss.

You gotta find out what works for you. Especially with things like running shoes. My buddy wears Nike, I wear New Balance, Someone else wears Mizuno - because all our feet are shaped different. Same with blue jeans etc.
Quote by mort1
know im in the wrong forum
im not stupid........... duh
if you havent notised there is alot of ignorant people here,,,,,,,
I have always had a hate for abercrombie, aeropostale, etc... but when I stopped being snobbish and bought an american eagle hoody, I realized that it was very high quality and a very good price.
Quote by smiidger
I never said it was fact based on evidence. There are other kinds of fact, such as Fact based on such a large number of opinions that it cannot possibly be conscidered false.
I ain't no billboard!

No, but seriously, I think it's pretty stupid that some people pay twice as much as they should for a shirt that says "American Eagle" or "Aeropostale" on it. It's like, they're paying the company (too much, might I add) to advertise for them. It's actually a pretty genius scheme, it just feeds on vain and shallow people.

Someone once said to me that I do the same thing when I wear band shirts, but the difference is that the bands actually need the money. I did that intentionally to support them. Plus, they provide me with music in return.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
all people wear where i live is hollister and american eagle. i dont care about brands and i stay as far away from trends as i can
Quote by JacobTheMe
It angers me when people feel the need to be a walking billboard such as my brother who only wears things with the Monster logo on it. A hat, a sweatshirt, shirt, and even a lanyard.

I don't like having a big logo on me. However, I don't avoid any specific brands. I just wear whats nice.

Those types of shirts look so obnoxious.
Quote by smiidger
I never said it was fact based on evidence. There are other kinds of fact, such as Fact based on such a large number of opinions that it cannot possibly be conscidered false.
I'm not too brand concious, though it does happen. Like some of you, I look at a brand not for its namesake and how "cool" it could potentially make me look, but the quality factor of it. I have great luck shopping for clothes at both Target and Pac-Sun, actually I almost exclusively buy from those 2 stores now..great deals on clothes that actually fit me. Over the past year or so I've also only bought Macbeth shoes simply because I like the company and most of their shoes are comfy as hell. I believe there's a huge difference in being..."materialistically fashionable" and working hard allowing yourself to enjoy quality products.
I am slightly, in the way that one brand might fit me better or what not. However, if something by said brand is a plain hoody with a 2x2cm logo on the breast, and it cost's me £40, they can f*ck off. I'm going to get an identical hoody for £10.
Definitely not with clothes. All my clothes are from walmart...
But with instruments, I go with the quality name brands, because I KNOW they deliver good products and service. Buying from some random company that I can find no information about online doesn't seem smart to me, You never know how your service or products will be.
As for electronics, I go with anti-mainstream high quality brands. Right now I'm saving for an Archos with Android, because I realized they are so much more versatile than Ipods :P.
o,o
Quote by JacobTheMe

I don't mind wearing some clothes from a company that produces top-quality soft drinks time and time again. I mean, what's the worst that can happen?
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
I used to wear jeans from wal mart every day, no lie. Now that Im older & have a job and such, I wear only Levi Jeans. They make the best fat man jeans around. As far as shirts, we have to wear polo style shirts to school, so I buy $10 shirts from Academy. As far as casual clothes go, I pay out the ass to look good, but as stated, Im pretty big, so price comes with the territory. For shoes, I like converse, particularly my sequined pair that I got on sale and Bass for dress shoes.

in short, for school, **** it. To look nice, I pay some attention to brands. At least Im not like my father, who insisted on purchasing me a $600 suit for debate tournaments.
Quote by CTFOD
I don't mind wearing some clothes from a company that produces top-quality soft drinks time and time again. I mean, what's the worst that can happen?

Its the fact that he exclusively wears the logo that bothers me.

Besides energy drinks taste awful. (My opinion).
I definitely look for labels that I associate with quality. I don't show them off, but I definitely observe what brand I'm purchasing. If you are a consumer and you DON'T look at what you're buying, then you're probably foolish. some brands are just notorious for being poor quality.

I have however noticed that 90% of my wardrobe comes from either American Eagle or A&F though, so I do subconsciously gravitate towards them. but that's not about the label, its just I like the style of clothing they make.

When it comes to guitars I am a HUGE gibson, fender, and Martin fanboy. It is very difficult for me to accept other brands unless they are just waaaay above the quality of the gibson, fender, or martin. for example, Larrivee acoustics drew me in with their quality and good pricing.

with amps I nearly never stray from my trusted Vox, Marshall, Fender, or Dr. Z. but again, this isn't brand association its SOUND association. I trust these brands and they build the kind of stuff that I look for in an amp, so I buy from them.
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Dec 29, 2009,
Quote by darkstar2466

I'm another sort of brand conscious. For example, I don't wear Nike anymore because of the whole sweatshops thing. I realize that most shoes these days are made in sweatshops, but Nike seems to be the worst.

I also don't drink Rockstar because of its close connections to this guy.
Like anyone else, I make sensible decisions on what to buy. Purchasing diamonds that aren't from Africa is an example. The only brand I would shamelessly promote would be Oreos. Goddamn those cookies are brilliant.

*Edtited for misunderstanding of thread topic*
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
Last edited by Soul Power at Dec 29, 2009,
Quote by Holy Katana
I'm another sort of brand conscious. For example, I don't wear Nike anymore because of the whole sweatshops thing. I realize that most shoes these days are made in sweatshops, but Nike seems to be the worst.

I also don't drink Rockstar because of its close connections to this guy.

Which Michael Savage do you mean?

EDIT: Ah, quick fix
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
I'm somewhat embarrassed to say that I'm conscious of brand names; I gauge by quality, and then purchase those products semi-faithfully. I wear Levi's not simply because there's a little sewn-on patch that says "Levi Strauss", but because they're stylish, comfortable, and the right price. Most of my shirts are all basics or nondescript graphics; I can't stand glaring emblems.

When it comes to guitars and such, I definitely center around the tried and trusted brands, but I think that has more to do merely with what kind of music you play, not necessarily brand recognition. It wouldn't make a lot of sense for me to get an ESP if I played mainly blues or surf or something. So I guess Fenders and such are just more "reasonable" in terms of sound and aesthetic (not so much price, unfortunately).
Last edited by thewho65 at Dec 29, 2009,
Quote by Soul Power
Like anyone else, I wear what I think is nice or fitting to my taste. The only brand I would shamelessly promote would be Oreos. Goddamn those cookies are brilliant.

Well, Oreos are made by Nabisco. I wouldn't really call them a brand.
i only really wear Levi jeans, but thats just because they're great. As for everything else, I just put on anything
I buy whatever tastes good and feels good. Brands are overrated.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....