can anyone please help me? i am kindly new to playing guitar and i need some suggestions on some fairly easy to intermediate hard rock or metal songs.
Enter Sandman - Metallica
Seek and Destroy - Metallica
Walk - Pantera
Die MF Die
Of wolf and man - Metallica
Ode - Creed
Hells Bells -Ac/Dc
The Pot - Tool
Cowboys From Hell - Pantera
She-Wolf - Megadeth
Many others also, just search around.
Learn some Opeth. It's not fast, not particularly technical, but it's melodic and catchy. Also, some parts force you to use the clean tone instead of CRUSHING OVERDRIVE (I assume you're using a Marshall MG until proven otherwise).
Metallica - pretty much anything after the Justice album is pretty easy
Megadeth - Lucretia, Psychotron
Maiden - most of their stuff isn't too hard
Ozzy - Bark at the Moon, Sweet Leaf, Mama I'm Comin' Home
Tool - almost all of it. There's a few strange rhythms but overall, it's easy
Classic rock from the early 80's, like Sabbath, Deep Purple, etc. none of that is too difficult.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
Quote by Junior#1
Metallica - pretty much anything after the Justice album is pretty easy
Megadeth - Lucretia, Psychotron
Maiden - most of their stuff isn't too hard
Ozzy - Bark at the Moon, Sweet Leaf, Mama I'm Comin' Home
Tool - almost all of it. There's a few strange rhythms but overall, it's easy
Classic rock from the early 80's, like Sabbath, Deep Purple, etc. none of that is too difficult.

Hehe in fact, so early in the 80's that it was the 70's!

I wouldn't suggest tool btw...or Megadeth, Maiden, or Ozzy- none of these are easy for a beginner!

Paranoid is a good song to start with, or Iron Man, most songs by AC¨DC (umlaut represents lightningbolt- I don't have a lightningbolt key ).

Most importantly, what stuff do you listen to?
Quote by chainsawguitar
Hehe in fact, so early in the 80's that it was the 70's!

I wouldn't suggest tool btw...or Megadeth, Maiden, or Ozzy- none of these are easy for a beginner!

Paranoid is a good song to start with, or Iron Man, most songs by AC¨DC (umlaut represents lightningbolt- I don't have a lightningbolt key ).

Most importantly, what stuff do you listen to?

what kind of retarded keyboard is that?

I swear half the people who recommend songs either have no comprehension of the word "beginner" or have completely forgotten how hard guitar is at the start....Bark at the Moon? Enter Sandman?

AC/DC are always good, early Sabbath isn't too hard to get to grips with either. You could also try Breaking the Law and Living after Midnight by Judas Priest, anything by KISS....other possibilitites? Mama Kin - Aerosmith; Boys are Back in Town, Jailbreak - Thin Lizzy; Tie Your Mother Down, Now I'm Here - Queen; Every Rose Has It's Thorn - Poison
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
The worst thing you can do is to listen to these narrow minded metal heads.
using only power chords and "t" formations.
I must recommend looking to the roots of guitaring
looking into the greatest contributors to music of all time.
like B.B. king
Pete Townshend
Brian may
and Mark Knophler
but names alone aren't help full
try just a few songs like-
I cant explain
Substitute
by The who
and any AC/DC is easy and sounds good.

but more importantly its not just playing songs it techniques,
pentatonic scales, blues progressions
alternate picking and open chords.
all the best

Airomist
Hey y'all !!!
I'm new here and basically a beginner myself. Makes me feel better reading what other beginners have written !!! I know a few cords and a couple of riffs but just can't seem to get it all put together... Reading what several of you (Non-beginners.) have written about easy stuff to start with blows my mind !!! I'm a big AC/DC fan but was scared to even look at any of their tabs much less try... And KISS ??? I was a fan back when they first came out !!! (Guess I'm tellin off on my age !!!) I love music,,, all kinds,,, and just want to learn how to make something other than "Noise" come out of my guitar !!! LOL !!! I think I've found a place to hang out and hopefully I can learn something !!!

Chainsaw,,, I checked out your web site and I'll be back !!! Already set it as a favorite.

Thanks to all of y'all fellow music lovers !!!