BamaMatt
155 IQ
I've started playin solo gigs over the summer. Now that I've been doin it a little while, I'm feelin pretty comfortable and getting some really good response. Since I started I have always played sitting down (usually just bar gigs). Last week i tried playing standing up a few times. I feel like i sing a little better standing up, but i don't feel quite as comfortable. Honestly i feel kinda goofy. What do yall think?
jut150
justaan
12 IQ
sitting down makes a solo acoustic look better to me, If its slow then sit, If its a fast song that you can get the groove on, Stand up. make the people feel your performance!
Sandor138
Wizard of Bass
28 IQ
usually done sitting down but it doesn't really matter, so do it whichever way is more comfortable
Quote by UtBDan

You in particular? I want you to **** off and die.
Northernmight
UG's Churchburner
1,374 IQ
Just play Johnny Rebel.. While standing up. With a southern flag.. Oh yes.. i love that man. He might not be clever, but he sure is.. a DEMIGOD
FUCK YOU ALL!

666 BLACK METAL HOLOCAUST!!!!!
Td_Nights
UG Fanatic
608 IQ
You generally DO sing better standing up, it allows for more air intake/etc.

Personally (as in, how I've always viewed people performing this way) it doesn't really matter. That's just me though.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
isaac_bandits
𝄢
194 IQ
I'd sit on a tall stool. Just keep your back straight, and don't bend over the guitar, and your singing will be fine.
slaptasticdave
UG's honest Abe
1,335 IQ
either way is perfectly acceptable
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
jfbrown42
Not a n00b any more!
150 IQ
Generally, I sit on a bar stool. Whatever way is more comfortable for you.
Guitars: Carvin TL-60T, Carvin C750 Acoustic, Squier Strat w/Carvin C22B & AP11's, Alvarez-Yairi DY76 12-string, Eastman MD-605 Mandolin, Fender Mandocaster, Ibanez UKS-10 Ukulele
Black Star
UG Fanatic
376 IQ
Standing is generally better for your voice, but as long as you sit up straight, you should be fine. I'd say sit on the bar stool or something. Acoustic performances just aren't the same with the artist standing up.
My guitar modification blog.
Quote by MuffinMan
Jesus was all like "To those about to rock, I salute you." then he grabbed his mighty axe and rocked the Romans out really hard. Of course they were strict classical music so....
QuantumMechanix
UG isn't that helpful
2,577 IQ
I think it depends what style of music you're playing. If you're playing slow country songs, then I'd sit. If you're playing more upbeat indie music then you could stand.
I hate my sig
GoIrish668
King of the 09'ers
2,204 IQ
I think if it is acoustic, then you should sit down. It gives a softer kind of mood.
Call me Andrew. It's my name.

Quote by theogonia777
i fond God too, man! i sat next to him on the bus once. he told be the meaning of life and then gave me a pretzel. i can't remember what the meaning of live was, but it was a good pretzel, man!
darthbuttchin
Bitter Band Member
726 IQ
Id say sit down whatever. Acoustic always strikes me as more intimate really. Plus standin with an acoustic i always find awkward.
It does heavily depend upon what you're playing. Intricately fingerpicked celtic folk pieces would probably work better sitting down. Straight up strumming would be fine standing.
CDubDSP
216 IQ
Honestly, it depends on what you are more comfortable with. There really is no right or wrong answer, just whichever works for you. Sometimes sitting down gives a more "intimate" feel, if that makes sense. However, if you are standing it will allow you to have better form and breath support.
Highwaytohell
Motorhead'll do ur mum
3,347 IQ
either way is fine. Richie havens sat down whilst playing freedom at woodstock- and that is one of the most powerful songs ever written from that era of folk music (IMHO)