Page 1 of 2
Seeing as the other threads in the metal forum are closed, im opening this thread for the Rev here. Rest In Peace, The Rev drummer for avenged sevenfold died yesterday from "natural causes" and the autopsy results are yet to be released. Natural causes at 28? I doubt it. What a loss..
I hear ya dude! I've grown up with A7X and this was truly some of the worst news I've ever heard. R.I.P
I cant believe im just now hearing of this...
R.I.P. The Rev, an awesome drummer
Quote by Nietsche
Don't drive. Stay in doors in a padded sterilised germ free room with a strait jacket eating vitamin pills at the appropriate intervals

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ipayformusic

Quote by cptcomet
Weird Kid: Do you play by ear?

Me: No, I play by hand.
yeah he was one hell of a drummer, he will be missed, and i think the whole natural causes thing is bull.

RIP Rev
how many times must this thread show up?
Quote by UtBDan

You in particular? I want you to **** off and die.
RIP Rev, You were one of the best drummer around!!

Not to mention the vocals in critical acclaim e.g. WOW

Too bad, the best die young :S
wow, im not the biggest a7x, but this still sucks...young guys dying early
❒ Taken ❒ Single ✔ Would like a sandwich

Vereor Deus

Quote by dann_blood
Branding!?!? THAT'S TOO PROGRESSIVE! I say bring back settlement payments in weights of lead and impalement upon wooden stakes!

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Oh! Sorry, I thought that was a braille name tag.
Quote by mcjosh
Is this like the 20th thread today? There is already a HUGE RIP The Rev thread, use that instead.

Where is it at?
Maybe he died of an overdose of coverup and eyeliner
I Survived The "Silent Deftone Cocksucking Forum"!-August 15th, 2006
Quote by dez_cole

Haha funny, because of a few band pics and a music video that they dressed up for, people think they are like that always, watch live at lbc or some of those videos, and they are normal guys.
Quote by jacobguitar123
Haha funny, because of a few band pics and a music video that they dressed up for, people think they are like that always, watch live at lbc or some of those videos, and they are normal guys.

Quote by dez_cole

Hey, come on now. I honestly didn't like the band or their fashion, but the guy just died. Show some respect.
They say the old woman's got the wisdom
'Cause she couldn't read the clock anymore
She said "The numbers don't represent the moments"
Says she don't see what all the ticking's for
Quote by Greenfinger182
Hey, come on now. I honestly didn't like the band or their fashion, but the guy just died. Show some respect.

Well put.
If he wouldn't be offended while he was alive, and im sure he wouldn't be (im pretty sure he wore that stuff proudly and could take a light joke), i doubt he will be offended while dead. I'd rather poke fun at a sad situation to lighten the mood a bit. I think people put too much thought/importance into death because its a commonly covered up and socially hidden occurrence, but this isn't a place to get into my personal thoughts.
Sorry if i really did offended you..
I Survived The "Silent Deftone Cocksucking Forum"!-August 15th, 2006
Quote by dez_cole
If he wouldn't be offended while he was alive, and im sure he wouldn't be (im pretty sure he wore that stuff proudly and could take a light joke), i doubt he will be offended while dead. I'd rather poke fun at a sad situation to lighten the mood a bit. I think people put too much thought/importance into death because its a commonly covered up and socially hidden occurrence, but this isn't a place to get into my personal thoughts.
Sorry if i really did offended you..

wasn't really offended, im just sad, i hope my favorite new band continues on
sucks this dude died, but just came to say.. it's impossible to die of "natural causes" no matter what age youre at. there's always a reason for dying, you don't just die. even old people die because their body shuts down or some shit, which is caused by something else. idk people still say that shit. he had to of ODed or something. bummer.
poor rev :.(
we will miss you
If I stay too quiet
I can hear her walking by
Death cold air is moving
Like the touch of her hand

ikuisesti hallussa surua,
pienentynyt enkeli, ottaa minuun,
johtaa minut tämän arvokkaan valoa,
ja ikuiseen pimeyteen.
seriously i thought this was a joke...but it turns out to be true. kinda...strange. NATURAL CAUSES? my ass

RIP The Rev you will forever be a part of my favourite band!

i hope a7x would carry on afterwards though! dunno if it would be the same though.
Quote by SA_Chick92
seriously i thought this was a joke...but it turns out to be true. kinda...strange. NATURAL CAUSES? my ass

RIP The Rev you will forever be a part of my favourite band!

i hope a7x would carry on afterwards though! dunno if it would be the same though.

would never be the same without the rev dude
If I stay too quiet
I can hear her walking by
Death cold air is moving
Like the touch of her hand

ikuisesti hallussa surua,
pienentynyt enkeli, ottaa minuun,
johtaa minut tämän arvokkaan valoa,
ja ikuiseen pimeyteen.
R.I.P. The Rev.
I hope A7X carries on in your legacy.
You will truly be missed.
TALK TO GOD HERE --->

ME:
So you're gonna end the world soon?
GOD:
Interesting deduction. That was my original intention.
ME:
Well don't.
GOD:
Well that's okay. OK I will not.

Earth's fate saved in sig = EPIC WIN!!!
Now who will get drunk with Syn in hotels and harrass german tourists?

Even though I'm not a fan of most metalcore/hardcore albums, Waking the Fallen was great. It's a shame he can't complete the new album they were working on.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
As much as I hate to say it I really think he overdosed on something. I stopped following the band after City of Evil but I still respected them as musicians.

RIP
Quote by csn00b
I hate seeing cute girls topless and what not, it just feels wrong.
no way he died of "natural causes". as much as i hate the band it's terrible to die this young. but hasn't there already been like 1000 threads on this?
RIP man. not sure what else to say, I'm pretty shocked that he's dead, even though I don't play drums he was a big influence on me getting into music.
RIP, I thought he was toning it down on the drugs, which i'm guessing is what killed him. (waits for report)
ya ive been watching live at the lbc, and i really think avenged is gonna miss jimmy, but i know that the band will carry on. on another note, it might have been alchohol poisoning...
Quote by jacobguitar123
ya ive been watching live at the lbc, and i really think avenged is gonna miss jimmy, but i know that the band will carry on. on another note, it might have been alchohol poisoning...

But who could possibly fill his shoes?
Quote by Guitarfreak777
But who could possibly fill his shoes?

who knows, maybe his brother or cousin? or maybe whoever played for pinkly smooth?!? Or they could do the neal schon thing and go on youtube, or have an old fashioned audition... Anyway, i still have high hopes for the new album... When Bon Scott died, AC/DC released Back In Black 6 months later, so... But im still so sad
It is indeed a sad day for A7X. I lost interest in the band after Waking The Fallen, but it sucks to hear this. RIP Rev.
Quote by jacobguitar123
who knows, maybe his brother or cousin? or maybe whoever played for pinkly smooth?!? Or they could do the neal schon thing and go on youtube, or have an old fashioned audition... Anyway, i still have high hopes for the new album... When Bon Scott died, AC/DC released Back In Black 6 months later, so... But im still so sad

True true, but i'm just worried that they will never find a good replacement and they will end prematurely over it. I was hoping to hear more of his vocals on this newest CD, I wonder how much of the new tunes they had done.
Quote by Guitarfreak777
True true, but i'm just worried that they will never find a good replacement and they will end prematurely over it. I was hoping to hear more of his vocals on this newest CD, I wonder how much of the new tunes they had done.

From what I've read, they hadn't fully tracked drums for a single song yet, and they track bass and drums first, so no songs are done :[
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
Not trying to be a dick here, but there's already an Avenged Sevenfold thread on the first page, and the last thread about this in the hardcore forum was closed.
For all the people saying "lol d00d its not naturrla cauusesss duude" Natural Causes just means he didn't get killy by someone or something outside of him.

Probably an OD on something, or alchohol poisoning.

Man, makes me sad. Hard to imagine that guy is sitting there on my Live in the LBC, but at the same time hes dead.

Worlds a strange place.
u know, everyone in that band is extremly talented. wheater it be syns crazy solos, Shadows's amazing vocals, zakys riffs, and jhonnys amazing bass work. but i think the rev stood out the most. as a drummer and vocalist, he was a big contributer to that band. R.I.P Rev......i guess the fact that he wrote afterlife now holds meaning....
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Page 1 of 2