I'll start with the amp. It is a Palomino v8, got it for Christmas.

From my old thread on finding an amp.
I went to GC today and tried out a few amps. I played the Vibro Champ first and was very impressed. It stayed clean on the clean voicings pretty high on the gain setting. The voicings that were overdriven sounded very nice, very smooth, made for great blues leads. Didn't find a great rhythm OD tone on it though so that was a bit disappointing.

I then played the Champ 600. It sounded very nice clean, and I got some nice blues drive tones in the high gain input. I found it to be somewhat lacking however, nothing that couldn't be remedied with some nice drive pedals, but lacking all the same.

I then went to try out the VT15, but they didn't have a floor model out for some reason, so I went and played the Vypyr 15 and 30 instead. I didn't really like the Vypyr, to me it seems more geared towards higher gain genres. It sounded pretty good clean, but the medium gain tones sounded dull and lifeless. It was while I was unplugging from the Vypyrs that I took a look over on the used amp wall. There sitting between a Peavey Classic 50 and a small SS Crate amp I found this gem.

Now being a Palo v50 owner of course I had to try it out. I plugged it in and loved it right away. It sounds like my amp does, but at a lower volume. At the same volume my amp sounds choked and this one sounds nice and warm. At this point I was pretty much sold, it had a gain and a volume and the ever elusive line out/headphone jack, but there was one further test I had to do. I went up to the counter at the front of the store and grabbed an OCD to test out with the amp. Simply put, it sounded heavenly. Since I have plenty of dirt pedals already I decided this was the amp for me. The good news is that I brought the amp home with me today, the bad news is I have to wait until Xmas to play it, and I have to act surprised when I unwrap it. I will post a NAD thread when I actually am allowed to play the amp, so t-minus 284 hours.

I went back to GC again today with my Reel Echo in tow. I was planning on trading in the Reel Echo and getting the Memory Boy, but they were out of the Memory Boy. So I looked around, tried out a few pedals, and spotted the WH10v2 hiding behind the counter underneath some MXR OD's. I've been GASing for this pedal for a while so I tried it out (on my sales persons new axe, Gibson SG Custom) and knew it was the wah for me. Since I had tried out the OCD on my previous trip in I decided on buying that too. I also decided to go ahead and get the 18v adapter to go with it.

v1.4

I'm uploading a couple of clean clips of the amp to my profile and will try to get some clips of the OCD and the WH10 tonight.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Awesome!
But it should go in the Holidays Gear Thread.

Anyway, HNSD!
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
I don't care if it gets closed, the holiday thread is dumb. There have been lots of NxD's floating around here that have not been in the holiday thread. Christmas is over, let us post normal.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

you should mic an amp slightly off center, to cut down the nasty high frequencies that happen around the center of the cone.

and happy new stuff day.
only when you close mic though. if you mic far away, there's a lot more ways to do it.
^it is slightly off center, I didn't like how it sounded directly center
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020