On the Tonepad PCB Layout it shows a Transistor which covers 4 holes on the PCB, I thought that transistors only have three legs therefore only needing 3 holes on the PCB.

Also, there is a black line which near the 3rd lug of the 10K pot, what is that line. Is it a wire?

http://www.tonepad.com/project.asp?id=40

Sorry, It is hard to explain.

But thanks in advanced.
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Last edited by Jak Archer at Dec 29, 2009,
Quote by Jak Archer
On the Tonepad PCB Layout it shows a Transistor which covers 4 holes on the PCB, I thought that transistors only have three legs therefore only needing 3 holes on the PCB.

Also, there is a black line which near the 3rd lug of the 10K pot, what is that line.

http://www.tonepad.com/project.asp?id=40

Sorry, It is hard to explain.

But thanks in advanced.

Only three of the leads are going into the holes. You might be mistaking the symbol for the transistor as a hole.
^But on the PCB "ready to transfer" layout it has 4 holes
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
its just got the 4 holes so you can mount it with 3 legs in a row, or with the middle offset.

if you're soldering directly to the board, the offset middle leg can be easier and more stable.
if you're using a socket, they're usually all in a row, so you'd use the ones in a row..

and that black wire's just a jumper wire, yeah.
So, I'm just soldering the transistor legs in the row leaving one of the holes
Quote by Kensai

Sums up whisky perfectly
Also, am I just soldering a seperate wire (Not the wire from the pot)?
Quote by Kensai

Sums up whisky perfectly
in this case, it looks like you could just solder the wire from lug 3 of the pot directly to the bottom of that black line.
the reason it's laid out like it is on the pcb, is to be neat, with all 3 pot connections together at the edge of the board.

so again, either way will work. it's just a layout thing
Cheers, EDIT: Also there is only one hole for a 9V Battery, shouldn't there be 2, one for positive and one for negative, also there is a symbol next to the 2k2, which has a G in the middle of it? What's that?

Cheers, (as you could tell i'm a noob at this stuff, I just want to get started with a project)
Quote by Kensai

Sums up whisky perfectly
Last edited by Jak Archer at Dec 30, 2009,