Hoho everyone!

I´m looking for Priceworthy stereo monitors and a USB audio interface with guitar and mic inputs within the as cheap as possible without getting crap price range.

The monitors I´m most interested in are the Alesis iM1 Active 520 USB.

They don´t have any analog sound inputs so i´ll have to use the USB connected built in interface to connect it to the computer (and thats another reason why i like the iPod dock)

So the questions are:

Will there be a software problem if i use the USB monitors as OUT and the other interface as IN (for recording)?

It is pretty much the same monitor as the non-USB version Alesis M1 Active 520 right (Sound wise)?

I would prefer the USB version a lot over the non-usb (volume knob, only needs one power cable, iPod dock, a lot better looking imo etc...) and they are the same price!

And as i said I´m looking for a USB Audio interface for recording and the one that I´m most interested in atm is the EMU 0202 USB

If you have any experience with it or recommend another one...?

Thanks a lot in advance!
Me and another member had a few issues with the drivers for the 0202 USB however when it does work it's a very nice unit. The M-Audio Fast Track Pro is another one to look at, I've had great luck with Vista and W7 when it comes to this brand.

As for if you can use a USB interface while using USB monitors, I'm not sure...you may have issues on that. Your interfaces will have analog outs so you are best off getting standard Active monitors IMO
With cheaper chaind monitors, you get different sounds between the two monitors as one has more mass from the amp inside, the other does not.
Last edited by moody07747 at Dec 29, 2009,
you can most likely set the output of your DAW to be different than your interface, so you SHOULD be able to use those monitors. dont sue me if it doesn't work, this is just a guess.
In practicality, no. Go open up any DAW and select your cards ASIO driver as your audio interface. Anywhere to set a separate card for input and output? Nope. You can with some software and directx drivers but they suck compared to ASIO drivers and ASIO4All drivers will let you but I never tried two devices at once with it to be honest to see the performance.

My advice is don't buy USB monitors. lol. Look for some active monitors that just take a regular input.

EDIT: They have 1/4" inputs, so they do have an analog input. I would probably get something though thats not USB though just because why pay for the USB feature when you won't be using it.
Lefty Strat Copy w/ GFS Lil' killer rails + Crazy wiring
Lefty Kona Thinline Acoustic/Electric
Righty-to-Lefty Silvertone Bass
Righty-to-Lefty Memphis Short Scale Bass
Vox AD30VT-XL

Tascam US-428 USB Interface Mixer
Guitar Rig 3
Last edited by GeToChKn at Dec 29, 2009,
Quote by GeToChKn
In practicality, no. Go open up any DAW and select your cards ASIO driver as your audio interface. Anywhere to set a separate card for input and output? Nope. You can with some software and directx drivers but they suck compared to ASIO drivers and ASIO4All drivers will let you but I never tried two devices at once with it to be honest to see the performance.

hmmm. well Logic does not have them separated, but ProTools and Garageband do (and i seem to remember seeing that in Cubase too, but i'm not sure). i guess TS would have to check his DAW to see.
Quote by sandyman323
hmmm. well Logic does not have them separated, but ProTools and Garageband do (and i seem to remember seeing that in Cubase too, but i'm not sure). i guess TS would have to check his DAW to see.

Logic and Garageband are Mac, I'm PC so that makes a difference. Like I said though, the speakers do have 1/4 inputs on them, so his problems of using two audio interfaces at once doesn't matter.
Lefty Strat Copy w/ GFS Lil' killer rails + Crazy wiring
Lefty Kona Thinline Acoustic/Electric
Righty-to-Lefty Silvertone Bass
Righty-to-Lefty Memphis Short Scale Bass
Vox AD30VT-XL

Tascam US-428 USB Interface Mixer
Guitar Rig 3