Poll: Is Terminator Salvation the prequel or sequel to the Terminator trilogy?
Poll Options
View poll results: Is Terminator Salvation the prequel or sequel to the Terminator trilogy?
Prequel
7 28%
Sequel
18 72%
Voters: 25.
Somethings been lingering in my mind since i saw Terminator Salvation. Is it the prequel or sequel to the Terminator trilogy?
Gear:
Squier Affinity Series Stratocaster
Epiphone G-400
Line 6 Spider
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
BOSS DD-3

"Wish I Had This" Gear:
Guitars- G&L, Gibson, PRS
Amps- Egnater, Bogner
Effects- Fulltone, JHS, Eventide
It's a movie that comes after the other movies.
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
Spoiler:

Prequel? You get to see some of the stuff that happens before judgement day plus at the end you see arnold being the "new model" or something like that.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Sequel. If it were a prequel then he probably wouldn't have been so obsessed with finding and saving Kyle Reese from the skynet mainframe. I also doubt you would've heard all the tapes that Sarah made for him back in the 80s had it been a prequel.
Some people just wanna watch the world burn. Wanna join me when I take my turn to pour the gas, light the match, see your world flip upside down and drop until it's inside out?
Yes, but it takes place after the first movies.
Gear:
Epiphone G-400
Line 6 Spider
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
BOSS DD-3

"Wish I Had This" Gear:
Amps- Egnater, Bogner
Quote by Sewn Up
Sequel. If it were a prequel then he probably wouldn't have been so obsessed with finding and saving Kyle Reese from the skynet mainframe. I also doubt you would've heard all the tapes that Sarah made for him back in the 80s had it been a prequel.

If Terminator 1 is the prequel to Salvation, then Kyle wouldn't have had flashbacks of the shit from Salvation. It takes place BEFORE they send terminators back.
Last edited by sticksause at Dec 29, 2009,
Quote by sticksause
If Terminator 1 is the prequel to Salvation, then Kyle wouldn't have had flashbacks of the shit from Salvation.

So Skynet took control (Salvation)....then didn't(T1 and 2)....then did(T3)?
Both
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
It comes after T3. If you'll remember, Arnold goes back in time in the first three. So when they develop his prototype in Salvation, that comes before they send him back in time, but long after he appears in the 80s.
Quote by bnull24
It comes after T3. If you'll remember, Arnold goes back in time in the first three. So when they develop his prototype in Salvation, that comes before they send him back in time, but long after he appears in the 80s.

Exactly, I don't see why it's so hard to understand.

In the first 3 he gets sent BACK in time, but in Salvation he doesn't. Hence Salvation being a sequel.
Quote by maggot9779
Exactly, I don't see why it's so hard to understand.

In the first 3 he gets sent BACK in time, but in Salvation he doesn't. Hence Salvation being a sequel.

But T1-3 must've been after they sent the prototype back in time, which you can see just being created in T4.

It's a sequel I guess in one sense, but a prequel in another. It's confusing =/
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by sticksause
If Terminator 1 is the prequel to Salvation, then Kyle wouldn't have had flashbacks of the shit from Salvation. It takes place BEFORE they send terminators back.

I didn't mean it in those terms. The only reason it's a sequel is because it follows along the same timeline and nothing more. The reason I believe Kyle didn't have flashbacks of the events in Salvation is because this latest movie takes place at the point of time in the future when John meets/recruits Kyle, which if you remember the first movie Kyle said was during his late teens. The flashbacks from the first movie didn't happen for another 10 or 15 years after the time period in Salvation right before Kyle was sent back. If any of that's confusing, I'm sorry. Terminator geek...I know....
Some people just wanna watch the world burn. Wanna join me when I take my turn to pour the gas, light the match, see your world flip upside down and drop until it's inside out?
Quote by Kensai
But T1-3 must've been after they sent the prototype back in time, which you can see just being created in T4.

It's a sequel I guess in one sense, but a prequel in another. It's confusing =/

It's not confusing. It's time travel

They had to have built the terminator to send back, but he didn't exist in T1-3.
Quote by Sewn Up
I didn't mean it in those terms. The only reason it's a sequel is because it follows along the same timeline and nothing more. The reason I believe Kyle didn't have flashbacks of the events in Salvation is because this latest movie takes place at the point of time in the future when John meets/recruits Kyle, which if you remember the first movie Kyle said was during his late teens. The flashbacks from the first movie didn't happen for another 10 or 15 years after the time period in Salvation right before Kyle was sent back. If any of that's confusing, I'm sorry. Terminator geek...I know....

That's why it can also be considered a prequel: stuff from the other films haven't occurred yet.
Quote by sticksause
That's why it can also be considered a prequel: stuff from the other films haven't occurred yet.

I see your point. I don't really think anyone's gonna be able to agree on this one lol It just ends up being one big circle in time where so many other things could've been possible. TIME TRAVEL SUCKS!!!
Last edited by Sewn Up at Dec 29, 2009,
Salvation 2 can be a sequel to the original trilogy if and only if it takes place after Kyle gets sent back in time.
Neither, but closer to a sequel because of the whole "end of the world, no longer the 1990's" thing going on.
You guys all raise interesting, confusing points. Another thing i dont get. Why dont Skynet just not send the Terminator back in time, thus meaning Kyle Reese doesnt go back, thus, no John Connor.
Gear:
Epiphone G-400
Line 6 Spider
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
BOSS DD-3

"Wish I Had This" Gear:
Amps- Egnater, Bogner