Hey guys, I recently got an Egnater Rebel 20, and I love it!

The problem is that its not really possible to switch between a nice distorted sound and a pristine clean sound on the fly.

I'm looking at distortion pedals, and I wanted to know what your recommendations were?

I play anything from AC/DC and GN'R to Faith No More to Dream Theater.

I was looking at the Hardwire Valve Distortion pedal, what are your thoughts on that pedal?

Thanks in advance!
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
Le bump?
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
Well, I said the types of music that I played, and I play on a Gibson Les Paul Classic.

I can go up to $150 USD
Quote by rmr024

and type of gain as in what type of tone you want, or transparent. you looking for more of an OD or hi-gain distortion?
Hi gain distortion
Quote by rmr024

i would suggest either a tone bone for a british style distortion or a pro co RAT for a more american type sound.
Cool, thanks guys!

One more thing, I've also been looking at the Satchurator. How do you guys like that album?
Quote by rmr024

I have the same amp, an Epiphone Les Paul, and the same problem. I'm kind of pissed that just a few months after I bought my rebel 20 they started making them in 2 channel versions with higher wattage for a little extra. I also don't think that the gain isn't heavy or responsive enough. My friend lent me a Boss DS-1, and it help a little bit, but doesn't really do the trick.

I heard from another message board about the Wampler Tripe Wreck Distortion, and that seems pretty awesome, I just don't have the money to throw down on it at the moment.
The Hardwire Valve Distortion is excellent, very versatile. It should cover everything you want. I have one, so if you have specific questions, ask away!

The Barber Dirty Bomb mentioned earlier is also a good choice, although I don't know as much about this one.
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
Quote by SLonergan
Cool, thanks guys!

One more thing, I've also been looking at the Satchurator. How do you guys like that album?

I love my Satchurator!! I was just about to suggest it...
I am a Stephenist
Quote by JayLacelle
i would suggest either a tone bone for a british style distortion or a pro co RAT for a more american type sound.

I definitely second the RAT. I love mine, gives a great hard rock sound.