Today I was bored and decided to screw around and record something (I'm a terrible soloist), so I recorded a chord progression on my keyboard and did some really slow solo work over it. Now, my distortion pedal is currently getting modded by Mr. Keeley so I'm having to use an old Boss GT-3 effects processor, which, frankly, has terrible tone. After listening to myself, I realized just how little sustain I have, and how after a couple seconds it starts to turn into a nasty harmonic/feedback thing. I'm assuming this is just because of the pedal, but maybe it could be my guitar or technique? What do you guys think?

Recording is in my profile. It sounds terrible, but this is for the purpose of improving, right?
Wow, that is some terrible tone. I don't know anything about the pedal, but it could have some type of harmonic decay. Or just try adding some vibrato.
Could be the guitar or pickups.
My DKMG had literally, about 6 seconds of sustain stock. I through in some EMGs (test) and a compressor / sustainer, and it sustains for quite a while now (I got bored after three minutes and ended the notes :-p)

Edit:
Could be that processor...
Yeah, I hate that thing. Luckily I'm only gonna have to use that piece of shit for another week or so, so I won't worry about it until my pedal comes.
Quote by MannyC2107
Could be the guitar or pickups.
My DKMG had literally, about 6 seconds of sustain stock. I through in some EMGs (test) and a compressor / sustainer, and it sustains for quite a while now (I got bored after three minutes and ended the notes :-p)

Edit:
Could be that processor...

I don't think it's the pickups, I got these monster Iommi pickups in them. Probably the processor.
What comp/sustain pedal are you using by the way?
I play almost all my solos now with a Big Muff Pi, and I played my DS-1 and it had what seemed like no sustain whatsoever.
Operator error.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.