I'm planning on buying a new amp, and I have $605 to do it. I want to get a tube amp that'll sound good with my distortion and effects pedals (Pro Co RAT2, EHX Small Clone, Crybaby wah) but has a good clean tone, as well as being loud enough to play a gig. I'm thinking a Fender Blues Jr because I want a fender and it's the best I can afford. Would this amp be able to play with a decent Nirvana-esque tone given the equipment I have? or is there a similar tube amp that can give me the tone I am looking for?
Last edited by Novationband at Dec 29, 2009,
also look for 2nd hand stuff, real cheap fenders and marshalls floating around. But if all your looking for is a nice clean tube amp fender is probably the way to go. Then your guitar will also affect how well it'll sound clean and what not.

Toodles!
- Ibanez S470 (2004)
- late 70's vintage Fender Stratocaster (USA)
- VOX VT100 Amp
- Digitech Whammy Pedal
- Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
- Visual Sound Volume Pedal
- MXR Micro Amp
I can see you're new enough 'round here so just for your own info: You should probably make your thread title a little more interesting than "well." The fender's a good amp. It'll probably do what you want just fine. A possible alternative would be the Blackheart BH-15 Handsome devil. You can get it in a head and cab or smaller combo version. I've got the combo myself and absolutely love it. I only use it for a clean channel when I use it live, and run pedals into it. It's plenty loud for rehearsals and gigging. Hope that helps.
Gear:

Is what some junkies refer to heroin as. For me it's just loads of wires and good sturdy housing, but just as addictive.
Eh sorry about the title, I got lazy XO but on topic now, is this amp loud enough to play gigs but still retain its tone?
if it's a valve amp it gets better tone the louder it is. So if you get a 15 watt valve amp, you can really crank it, but since it's wattage is low you won't destroy the audiences eardrums.
- Ibanez S470 (2004)
- late 70's vintage Fender Stratocaster (USA)
- VOX VT100 Amp
- Digitech Whammy Pedal
- Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
- Visual Sound Volume Pedal
- MXR Micro Amp
TS, What is the closest major city to you?
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
JCA 20H with the 112 cab. You'll never go back.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Quote by Jhachey22
TS, What is the closest major city to you?

I live closest to boston, but there is a guitar center right in my town.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Last edited by Jhachey22 at Dec 30, 2009,
thanks for the help everyone! I ended up buying the Blues Jr. today, and so far I love it.