Sludgy hardcore / metal band from Georgia. I'm posting here because I think hardcore regs will appreciate it more than metal regs. Band is hard to categorise in one genre. Reminds me a bit of the slower parts of Consious / Unconcious from Mind Eraser.

If you haven't heard of them: http://www.myspace.com/kylesa
I ****ing love this band. Static Tensions was one of my favorite albums of the year.

So ****ing good.

I think it's pretty cool how they have two drummers now, too.

I also recommend Baroness (of course), Acid Bath, Black Cobra, High on Fire, and Sleep as far as sludgy stuff goes. I've been getting into it lately.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
Last edited by IlikeTheSKA at Dec 30, 2009,
I think static tensions made some "top albums of the decade" lists. I do enjoy some songs off of it.
I love the shit out of this band. The dual drummers thing works so well for them.
Quote by seeneyj
I thought the whole idea of post-hardcore was to mix techno and hardcore.....
Truly awesome live. I saw them with Clutch a few months ago, and they were easily the best band of the night. Time Will Fuse Its Worth is such an awesome album.
Check out my Electronica project!
http://
I think this is the main Kylesa thread, so I'm bumping it.
I'm not really into hardcore, but listening to some other sludge and post-metal got me into these guys. I really like Time Will Fuse Its Worth. Just basically got into em today, so maybe I'll be listening to more Hardcore in the future. I'd like to get into Converge, but the vocals are too much for me right now.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
if you're mainly a metalhead, look into bands like iron age and cruel hand which combine metal riffs with hardcore. cruel hand definately less metal than iron age though.
I'm getting Static Tensions, and hopefully I'll like that. I like a little bit of metalcore, and stuff like Baroness with hardcore vocals, I think it just has to grow on me. I used to not like anything screams, yells, or growls.
Quote by lolmnt
So I've listened to Kylesa quite a bit, and Time Will Fuse Its Worth is the standout album for me. I found out today that the chick does some vocals on it, which is awesome.
Quote by lolmnt
Why is this band in the hardcore section? Should be metal imo, I understand the vocals being hardcore-esque but the overall vibe I get is stoner metal, especially considering they came out of the whole southern sludge metal scene with baroness and mastodon.
To further cement my place as "the guy who loves Pig Destroyer", I'd like to point out JR's reppin' a Kylesa shirt in the "Loathsome" music video.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by scaryfried
I said in the OP:

"I'm posting here because I think hardcore regs will appreciate it more than metal regs."

I'm glad you guys like it, metal regs don't dig them so much because they have a reputation with the hipster crowd.

Anyways, great band, Static Tensions was a fantastic album.
Quote by Deplorable
I'm glad you guys like it, ANUS don't dig them so much because they have a reputation with the hipster crowd.

Anyways, great band, Static Tensions was a fantastic album.

fixed
Quote by technicolour
fixed

Actually, I was talking to Severed about them, and well... he liked the music somewhat, he just hated the rep they had.
Saw these guys with Mastodon and Intronauts. Loved the way those guitars are tuned so low and give almost a completely new sound.
Love this band. I got to play with them in 2007 when they were on tour with Genghis Tron. That was actually the first time I heard them. They destroyed! And Tensions is such a great album. Ssssooo underrated too, I'm glad they're getting some attention, here.
I play guitar
I'm just doing this a favor and bumping it. Heard all their stuff and just ordered their S/T on Vinyl. Saw them live with Intronaut and a few locals, one of the best local shows we've had.
If ya'll like Kylesa check out Damad, they went off to be Kylesa.
Those guys have so much ****ing talent it overflows.