ok i got myself a nice macbook pro i will get logic studio 9 soon

i need XLR for recording with fantom power for recording amps and vocals
24bit high qual recordings
not fire wire
ive used mboxes before and there a lil expensive
and ive heard bad things about mbox mini

what are your thoughts guys
its a bitter sweet symphony this life try to make ends meet your a slave to money then you die
Why not FireWire? If I had a Mac I'd take a FireWire interface.
Ibanez RGT42DX
Vox AC30C2
Digitech Whammy (FOR SALE!)
Dunlop GCB-95F Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ
why can't you use firewire? Firewire interfaces are pretty much better in every way compared to usb interfaces. But, it's really splitting hairs at this point in tech. If you need only a couple of in/outs I heard that the art boxes are pretty good. Tube preamp section with phantom power and a usb interface. Most of the other stuff like the mbox's you're really paying a premium for the bundled software. Focusfire also has some good usb stuff. I use a saffire se. I like it. It was cheap and gets the job done.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Peavey PV-6 USB mixer. Or maybe a bigger one if you decide to record drums
hey thanks guys
reason for not wanting fire wire trying to keep as simple as possible and keeping the costs down
its a bitter sweet symphony this life try to make ends meet your a slave to money then you die
Quote by LukeBTH
Peavey PV-6 USB mixer. Or maybe a bigger one if you decide to record drums

He doesn't need a mixer, he needs an interface.

TS, you should definitely go FireWire and check out the Apogee Duet. I hear good things about it. What is your price range exactly though?
Ibanez RGT42DX
Vox AC30C2
Dunlop GCB-95F Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ
Quote by soul.power
He doesn't need a mixer, he needs an interface.

You can use a USB mixer as an interface. In a lot of circumstances, it can be even more handy due to its extra inputs. and the Peavey PV-6 is only $130, so it competes with many interfaces price-wise.
ill look more into fire wire i have really little exp with it so i never bothered
didnt even know my mac could use fire wire
are those mixers as good sound quality ? coz thats a great idea
more inputs
Quote by stuartstratford
ill look more into fire wire i have really little exp with it so i never bothered
didnt even know my mac could use fire wire

Mac's are pretty much known for predominantly used with FireWire equipment. Plus if you look here you'll see its much faster as well, meaning less latency

What is your price range?
Ibanez RGT42DX
Vox AC30C2
Dunlop GCB-95F Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ
Quote by stuartstratford
are those mixers as good sound quality ? coz thats a great idea
more inputs

It should be. But I strongly reccomend Peavey. Don't settle for a Behringer or Alesis.
Don't buy the mixer. Nothing about it says that it can record discrete line-levels from your various inputs. That's the whole point of a recording interface, so that you can have your vocals, instruments and effects on separate tracks for post processing.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
true !