Page 1 of 3
do you think its going to be one of those sequels that ruins the first movie for you? it would have made sense as a prequel, but now they say it will be a sequel. since the scientist guy died at the end of the first movie, how could it make sense?

unless they do that fail technique of completely overlooking the fact that he died in the hope that no one realises.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/I-Am-Legend-2-No-Longer-A-Prequel-It-s-A-Sequel-11005.html#

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Last edited by Silver-spear94 at Dec 29, 2009,
Quote by boreamor
A second one? Is Will Smith still alive or something? Cause I killed myself with a grenade once and that shit doesn't wipe off easily.

They go back in time and get him, obviously.
i believe in the book he actually doesnt die?
Currently Playing:
Arma 2/3, Dayz, GW2, GTA, Splinter Cell, ESO, FF:X, Pokemon X
Quote by Silver-spear94
do you think its going to be one of those sequels that ruins the first movie for you? it would have made sense as a prequel, but now they say it will be a sequel. since the scientist guy died at the end of the first movie, how could it make sense?

unless they do that fail technique of completely overlooking the fact that he died in the hope that no one realises.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/I-Am-Legend-2-No-Longer-A-Prequel-It-s-A-Sequel-11005.html#

will smith did not die in the "true" ending of that movie. Watch the DVD version, that's what was intended to be the theatrical ending.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
will smith did not die in the "true" ending of that movie. Watch the DVD version, that's what was intended to be the theatrical ending.

ive only seen the ending that involves him going head on with the alpha-male with a grenade in his hand.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

i am legend 2,.... I am average.
Ill Take it all
Arrows and Guns.. Hundreds and more

Save you from one
Quote by Dreaminmusic
i believe in the book he actually doesnt die?

The film has nigh on fuck all to do with the book. Yes, in the book, he does die, but in completely different circumstances, and with a completely different plot leading up to his death.
Maybe they will remake it EXACTLY like the book, that would be ****ing amazing.

I'm betting on it follows time between when the first infected people come to life the where the first movie began, actually making it a prequel.
- ---------
-- --------
--- -------
---- ------
----- -----
------ ----
------- ---
-------- --
--------- -
Quote by JacobLampman
Maybe they will remake it EXACTLY like the book, that would be ****ing amazing.

I'm betting on it follows time between when the first infected people come to life the where the first movie began, actually making it a prequel.

that was the idea, a prequel.

i guess they wanna go down the route of infection dies - humanity returns - all is well - infection comes back through some ludocrously wild conincidence. etc.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

Quote by Lt. Shinysides

I dont have the DVD, and have never seen it on DVD. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF CHRIST tell me what happens. I want to know how it was supposed to end. Is it like the movie?
- ---------
-- --------
--- -------
---- ------
----- -----
------ ----
------- ---
-------- --
--------- -
Quote by Silver-spear94
ive only seen the ending that involves him going head on with the alpha-male with a grenade in his hand.

the REAL ending is far closer to the book. He observes the infected behind the glass and discovers they are just trying to get the girl that he cured back. he realizes that to them, HE is the monster. thus the title "I Am Legend". He then reinfects the girl, and hands her back over to them.
The ending they tacked on was horrible, I've always wondered why they didn't go with the alternate (original) ending for the movie... it makes so much more sense. It literally makes the movie worthwhile; it brings it all to a single point of focus, and you realize what's really going on.
Sequel will probably ruin it, but there is much left to ruin
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
the REAL ending is far closer to the book. He observes the infected behind the glass and discovers they are just trying to get the girl that he cured back. he realizes that to them, HE is the monster. thus the title "I Am Legend". He then reinfects the girl, and hands her back over to them.

sounds like a better ending than the lets-kill-everything one.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

all the zombie people will turn into vampires that fall in love with troubled teens.
Ill Take it all

Save you from one
Quote by tragorious
all the zombie people will turn into vampires that fall in love with troubled teens.

now that really would ruin it.

and ive always found I Am Legend (the film version) to be sorta dumb. i mean, its the only film where the infection makes them super strong and super fast, and lets them maintain some intelligence.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

Last edited by Silver-spear94 at Dec 29, 2009,
i didnt like the fact will smith's dog had to die... so maybe they can make it the adventures of his dog.

and make it talk...

and make it know kung fu.
Ill Take it all

Save you from one
Quote by Silver-spear94
sounds like a better ending than the lets-kill-everything one.

Its a far better ending. It makes the title (and the entire point of the book/movie even existing) make sense. the whole point was perspective. to him, they are legendary monsters who hunt him by night. to the infected however, HE is the legendary monster who hunts and kills them by day.

If anyone of you guys get a chance to read the book, read it. it's really good.

(o and his dog dies in the book to, so don't think just by reading the original you wont have to be sad )
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Dec 29, 2009,
I always wondered why Will Smith didn't throw the ****ing grenade. Is that not the point of a grenade?
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
Its a far better ending. It makes the title (and the entire point of the book/movie even existing) make sense. the whole point was perspective. to him, they are legendary monsters who hunt him by night. to the infected however, HE is the legendary monster who hunts and kills them by day.

thanks Lt.

you just explained to me what ive often wondered.

although, if your still alive, how can you be legend? dont you have to be dead to be legend?

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

Quote by sticksause
A second one? The first one wasn't any good.

This. I only cared about when the dog died, then I remembered it was just a movie and everything is fake.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

Quote by Lt. Shinysides

If anyone of you guys get a chance to read the book, read it. it's really good.

(o and his dog dies in the book to, so don't think just by reading the original you wont have to be sad )

i dont think its the fact that Sam dies thats sad, its more the fact that he has to kill her.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

hes a legend when hes dead cause he found the cure???

well at least that was my inturpritation of the whole thing
Ill Take it all

Save you from one
Quote by Silver-spear94
thanks Lt.

you just explained to me what ive often wondered.

although, if your still alive, how can you be legend? dont you have to be dead to be legend?

no, it's because they never see him. he works by day, which is when they sleep. they just find their dead outside when they venture out at night but never see what killed them.
It's going to be a prequel not a sequel. Will Smith is still starring in it.
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
I love that kind of movies anyway even though as a movie they might not be great. The atmosphere is awesome.
I am a postmodern vegetarian, I eat meat ironically.
Quote by tragorious
hes a legend when hes dead cause he found the cure???

well at least that was my inturpritation of the whole thing

thats what i thought previously too, but shinyside's interpretation makes more sense, and kind of fits the theme of the film. neither ending makes sense when referenced with the other one, though.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

Quote by The Deported
Yet another classic novel raped by Hollywood.

I really liked the movie, up until the ending, but the DVD ending made it OK again
would have been better if they didnt CGI the infected though.

actors in costume would probably have been better. worked great in films like dawn of the dead and 28 days.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

well just goes to show... im always wrong haha
Ill Take it all

Save you from one
The grenade didn't kill him because...

HE'S HANCOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bands I must see in concert
Silvertide
The Black Crowes
Jackyl
Black Stone Cherry
AC/DC
StoneRider
Freedomhawk
The Darkness and/or the sideprojects of the band members
Buckcherry
The Answer

Theres more. But those are the main ones
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
I really liked the movie, up until the ending, but the DVD ending made it OK again

Well I didn't. Not even one tiny bit.
Page 1 of 3