i want a versatile one, great classic metal sound, warm cleans, and if possible a marshall overdrive(i love it) but dont necesary need to be a marshall.
i play metallica, kiss, iron maiden, acdc, guns and roses, pink floyd, jimi hendrix, cream, dont play zeppelin, im not that good but i wish i could play lots of van halen, you know, blues cleans, hard rock overdrive, classic 80 metal distortion.
i actualy shreed very good and a lost, my sound is a very defined one, clear but heavy, something like evh but hevier.
i was thinking of peavey valveking 112, marshall avt50(it can also be pre-valvular if it will give me the real sound of my guitar), and recently saw marshalls ma50c but i think their new and dont really know their price and how they sound.
preferably between 30 to 50 watts combo amps. im looking to play in a band.

my gear is jackson dk2 with duncan designed, marshall mg15dfx and boss me70.
I hear the valveking sucks unless you mod it.
Guitar/bass/mandolin stuff:
PRS SE Custom 24
PRS SE Paul Allender
Martin DCX1E
Squire Start
Memphis Bass
Johnson Savannah mando

Amp/effects/misc:
Digitech RP1000
Line 6 Spider Valve 212
Toneport Studio KB37

check out my last.fm!
Bugera 6262

You will not be dissappointed, so long as you buy one made THIS YEAR, not last year or the year before. Bad things will happen if you do.
Quote by DeadlyDevil1985
I hear the valveking sucks unless you mod it.

Not true. Get an OD and/or EQ, and tweak the original EQ a bit, and it will do fine. It's a good rock amp, so I would imagine it would do classic metal decently well. Not a be all, end all though
Blackheart Handsome Devil + 1x12 cab. It's 15W but it's loud. It's $500 though if thats a stetch
Peavey Classic 30's and 50's are great amps for the money. They will get you most of the sounds you listed except for maybe Metallica, but that's nothing a good overdrive pedal can't fix.
Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"

I reccomend a Vox VT30 or 50. I picked up one not too long ago and it's a greaat well rounded amp. It is not a SS or tube amp but a hybrid amp. This amp can handle all the bands that you have listed there and some!
go for a Hartke Piggyback mini-stack. Pretty inexpensive but for a 60-watt tube but that thing has one hell of a kick.
Quote by phlip999
Bugera 6262

You will not be dissappointed, so long as you buy one made THIS YEAR, not last year or the year before. Bad things will happen if you do.

Quite a bit over $450 for the combo...and still over for just the head.

Jet City 20W combo, $50 over though but definitely worth it.
I have a huge fear if rays.
Bugera 1990 is very JCM900-esque

theyre about 450$USD
Quote by rgrockr
You can buy whatever guitar you want, you don't have to be at a certain skill level to buy one. This is real life, not some guitar-playing RPG where you have to unlock new guitars.
People seem to like these B52 amps, might be worth a looksee.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by ChrisBW
Quite a bit over $450 for the combo...and still over for just the head.

Jet City 20W combo, $50 over though but definitely worth it.

Not true, I found one at GC recently for $499 new.

And the JCA20H and matching 1x12 is a great amp.
Quote by kakos
Bugera 1990 is very JCM900-esque

theyre about 450$USD

+1

This is definately what you need to look at for that price range and your wants out of an amp. It is $449 just for the head though. You need to look this up on the Tone King's youtube channel. He plays it along side a JCM 900 and it is hard to tell the difference. Just a great sounding high gain tube amp for the money.