Has anyone dealt with GC enough to know if the best deals are gotten during the last week of the year on during the first weeks of the new year.
just bargain on everything always. I've gotten atleast 5% off of every guitar I have bought.
Gear

Ibanez SZR
Cube 30
Digitech RP 250
whoah. wait, what's the deal with this? i once went to gc and i was buying something and i asked if the dude would sell it to me for a lower price and he said the employees couldn't change the pirces. did he bullshit me?
Quote by ghostnineone
i got my guitar caught in my ceiling fan today

guitars fine though
Quote by Bobinedefil
whoah. wait, what's the deal with this? i once went to gc and i was buying something and i asked if the dude would sell it to me for a lower price and he said the employees couldn't change the pirces. did he bullshit me?

Yes sir you did indeed get done over by the salesman.

And not too sure about the time for the best deals but you know just try your luck any time of the year and wait it out until you get the perfect pricing for it.
All sales men say they can't drop their prices or try the we are a shop and can't match internet prices. Just find the cheapest internet price for the guitar , print out the web page and take it with you. They may not match it but you should get pretty close. Another tip is when you get the lowest price you can out of the sales man then say I want to buy this today and offer a bit lower than the price. Don't forget the service offered by a good guitar shop is worth paying a bit extra for. This does not work for very low priced items but for any half decent guitar you should get something off.
If he says that he can't lower the price, just say "well I don't know then, I might be able to get it cheaper at *other local store that this store is probably rivals with*". Or try to find a majorly stoned employee who doesn't understand how much a single zero can affect a price.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Bobinedefil: The salesman didn't lie to you, he can't lower the price. But his manager can, but he's not going to tell you that. So get a manager involved.

You should be able to easily get 10-15% off the sticker price of most guitars, maybe 20% if there is a big sale going on. Also, do your research before going in. Know what you are buying. Know what its worth and what its selling for elsewhere (online and off). No hard shell case included? No free initial setup? Get it included. Do they price match? If yes, why stop there? If not, negotiate, haggle, bargain... and what ever you do, treat the seller with respect. And be willing to walk away if you are not happy with the deal.
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77
Guitar Center can be hit of miss about when you can get a deal. They have managers specials per store and usually not many display marked down prices. My Gibson Explorer was marked down to $499.99 with HSC and it was not marked on the tag the salesman had to tell me. It's always best to get to know one or two of the guys. Everyplace I deal with I have an in and if some great deal pops up I get a call. Make sure you add your name to their mailing list! I get coupons all the time. I think before Christmas is the worse time IMO they mark prices up then take off a percentage to make it look like you are getting a deal. A lot of the best deals I got were in late summer when business is at it's slowest. Right now buying used in the privet market is where the best deals are people need money right now and are willing to let stuff go CHEAP!

John
one of the rules of thumb are taking less is better than taking nothing.

and value of money? dollar (or X amount) today is ALWAYS better than a dollar (or X amount) tomorrow