Page 1 of 2
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/Epic

Did you read that? Good. So an epic is a piece of poetry, or a measurement beyond average.

Suddenly that person tripping doesn't seem so "epic" and that joke isn't as "epic" either. Well that is because it isn't. It seems like every time I do anything as simple as brushing my teeth somebody has to say the word epic. Its just obnoxious. So stop using it.

Same applies with all you little idiots that posting single word posts of the word "fail". Even if I miss a basket in a game of basketball somebody has to tell me "Hey man, that was a fail." If I post something somebody disagrees with its an automatic "fail."

Who else feels the need to start a holocaust every time the word "epic" or "fail" is used unreasonably?

What other words do you want to erase from human knowledge?
I Could Care Less.

Don't say that anymore, anybody. It's I couldn't care less, it doesn't make sense the other way, even Stewie said it the wrong way, it makes me want to rape a dog toy.
The playground of the world
Dude, that's epic.

Nice find.
Quote by RU Experienced? , bass-man9712

Quote by DecaPodge
I love you.
Quote by Eddie4President
I Could Care Less.
Then do it.
SOOOO much fail. I can't even begin to describe it.

Edit: Not to Eddie4President, but to people who actually say that.
Last edited by skaterskagg1 at Dec 29, 2009,
Quote by Eddie4President
I Could Care Less.

Don't say that anymore, anybody. It's I couldn't care less, it doesn't make sense the other way, even Stewie said it the wrong way, it makes me want to rape a dog toy.

I agree, my brother says it.
You know what really bothers me? When people say, "that sucks," as a reaction to unfortunate situations. It seems so insincere and fake.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
I hate when people over use "epic" as much as the next guy, but what you're failing to realize is that there's this thing called "slang." Words take different meanings when used as slang, and thus the dictionary definition isn't apt. Also, everyone's use of "fail" in your story is appropriate. Maybe you shouldn't fail so much and you'll stop hearing about it.

Edit: it could be a colloquialism as opposed to slang... Anyone that actually knows the difference, please feel free to state how much epic fail is in the post.... Or if you are disappoint.
Demolition hands.... Got 'em!
Last edited by merfsullivan at Dec 29, 2009,
Quote by Soul Power
You know what really bothers me? When people say, "that sucks," as a reaction to unfortunate situations. It seems so insincere and fake.

+1
I can't stand that.
Back in my day, cool was the temperature of our one bedroom house, and we wore onions on our belt as that was the fashion of the times.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
I hate when people say FML all the time, I know some people who fill their Facebook statuses with FML for stuff like skinning their knee.
Rush Rocks

Quote by Braiton
If Beiber is our generation's Cobain I can't see how that is a bad thing.
Just make sure the shotgun is loaded.
Quote by Jusman
I hate when people say FML all the time, I know some people who fill their Facebook statuses with FML for stuff like skinning their knee.

OmG!! is it ok???!! FYL!!!
The playground of the world
I'm all for proper English, but you have to take into account that language changes. Words change and evolve, you wouldn't be able to talk to someone who spoke English from 300 years ago.

So get over it.

EDIT: you could actually probably talk to someone from 300 years back, it would just be a pain in the ass, i was thinking more middle ages but mixed my dates up.

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG
Orange Tiny Terror (Combo)
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

3DS friend code: 3995-7035-3562
Last edited by an epic mistake at Dec 29, 2009,
Quote by Soul Power

Agreed...or when they say "You're kidding!"....no, I'm not. As funny as my circumstance must seem to you, it is actually quite tragic and I am not kidding.
Quote by me_llamo_juan
^You're awesome.

Quote by gtmustang2006
Listen to RageAgnstUrJaw.

"I've wronged you, and steal everything from the truth,
Can we find ourselves, walking through a field with no solitude,
The pain goes on."
Last edited by RageAgnstUrJaw at Dec 29, 2009,
This thread is a fail. Click on the definition of epic as an adjective.

Main Entry: 1ep·ic
Pronunciation: \ˈe-pik\
Function: adjective
Etymology: Latin epicus, from Greek epikos, from epos word, speech, poem — more at voice
Date: 1589
1 : of, relating to, or having the characteristics of an epic <an epic poem>
2 a : extending beyond the usual or ordinary especially in size or scope <his genius was epic

So basically your wrong. Very epically wrong too.
Originally Posted bychaoticfables
Oh man, I'm a stupid Asian who can't do anything right except blindfold myself with shoelaces. Oh, man. I hate myself.
Dude, so I was all like "Man, that epic fail sucks brah." And he was all like "I could care less. FML"

Seriously, though, everything mentioned irks me to some degree.
Quote by RageAgnstUrJaw
Agreed...or when they say "You're kidding!"....no, I'm not. As funny as my circumstance must seem to you, it is actually quite tragic and I am not kidding.

also, your avatar is awesome. Techno Viking FTW!

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG
Orange Tiny Terror (Combo)
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

3DS friend code: 3995-7035-3562
Quote by SmashandBurn
This thread is a fail. Click on the definition of epic as an adjective.

So basically your wrong. Very epically wrong too.

Would you care to explain how?
Quote by Seattle_sound35
"Like." It's just misused too often to be worth keeping.

Its shows unintelligence, such as having nothing else to say, the just say "like"
I would really appreciate it if everyone would stop using the acronym "lol" after every sentence. If you actually laugh out loud, say "I laughed" instead, please. That is all.
You know what I REALLY hate? People who use the word "cool". It's a word used to describe temperature, you ignorant morons!

Last edited by Samdroid at Dec 29, 2009,
I misread your post. I thought you were saying only an epic poem was epic. Sorry man lol
Originally Posted bychaoticfables
Oh man, I'm a stupid Asian who can't do anything right except blindfold myself with shoelaces. Oh, man. I hate myself.
Quote by denfilade
When people say 'noob' out of context or in real life.

GAWD!!!

you would hate me then hahaha. i abuse the word n00b all the time.
Quote by HorizonShadow
Dude, that's epic.

Nice find.

But fail.

Fixed.

The only people that are going to be interested are the ones that already think like that. All the others will just say fail. Or epic. In a sarcastic way.

Oh, and you quoted yourself: ''extending beyond the usual or ordinary especially in size or scope''
So anything that extends beyond some peoples point of view is considered epic. And on the internet you'll find a lot of people like that, with nothing much going on in theyr life's.

Pretty epically failed thread.
Quote by Will Swanson
I would really appreciate it if everyone would stop using the acronym "lol" after every sentence. If you actually laugh out loud, say "I laughed" instead, please. That is all.

This.
Also, when people laugh for like 3 minutes straight, and then they say "That's funny."
Page 1 of 2