Poll: How Many Instruments Do YOU Play?
Poll Options
View poll results: How Many Instruments Do YOU Play?
50 19%
51 19%
77 29%
30 11%
22 8%
6+
34 13%
Voters: 264.
Page 1 of 2
Just out of curiosity, how many instruments do you play?

I play guitar, clarinet, saxaphone, flute, piano, drum set and xylophone.
I have played clarinet longest, 6 years.
Current Stage Gear
Ibanez 1987 RG550 Road Flare Red(66th one ever made)
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
Last edited by bluekirby7 at Dec 29, 2009,
Quote by bluekirby7
Just out of curiosity, how many instruments do you play?

I play guitar, clarinet, saxaphone, flute, drum set and xylophone.
I have played clarinet longest, 6 years.

also its not the quantity but the quality that counts
mainly a piano player and a bassist but i've been known to dabble in guitar, mandolin, bango, drums and the triangle.
Is mayonnaise an instrument?
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
I play drums and guitar mostly, but I am capable of playing flute and piano. I have been know to play bass as well, but I play like a guitarist, not a bassist, so I don't really count it.
Like punk the way it used to be? Deranged Youth Its like what Warped Tour should be!

Want to hear something mind-blowing? Pit O' Bodies Its like an amateur hypnotist plus the Spanish Inquisition!
Vocals, Guitar, Trumpet (longest - 6 years), all the different variations of the trumpet (flugel horn, cornet etc. don't really count but meh) a bit of piano, ukulele, ocarina, tin whistle/recorder, harmonica...
Gear:

Epiphone 1966 Ltd. SG
Epiphone SG G-400 (RIP)
Yamaha C310P
Kustom Quad DFX100
Roland Microcube (... I use it as an ipod speaker now XD)
Boss Ns-2 Noise suppressor
Boss Md-2 Mega distortion
Boss Dn-2 Dyna Drive
Vox V847 Wah
guitar, bass, drums, piano somewhat, mallet percussion somewhat. Use to be able to play trumpet, maybe I still can?
Schecter C-1 Classic in Seethru blue <333
Schecter Damien FR
Roland AC-60 acoustic amp
Boss GE-7 EQ
Line6 Ubermetal Distortion
Sigma Dx Acoustic
Quote by sw1ss023
Is mayonnaise an instrument?

No mayonnaise is not an instrument

Rush Rocks

Quote by Braiton
If Beiber is our generation's Cobain I can't see how that is a bad thing.
Just make sure the shotgun is loaded.
I said 1 but I forgot about kazoo
all I ever wanted was to pick apart the day
put the pieces back together my way
Guitar and piano.
Quote by necrosis1193
John Entwistle once in a while. I had to try to find him when I saw The Who two years ago.

Quote by sticksause
butthose bagpipes sound awesome.
Ocarina, guitar, baritone. not great at any of them though....
When an adult has one imaginary friend it's called insanity. When lots of adults have the same imaginary friend it's called religion.
Gear
Hamer Slammer PAC 3-RM
Fender Sidekick 25 Reverb
Ibanez SR406

GAS
Peavey Tour TKO 115 400W
i play the Cd pretty well
Ill Take it all
Arrows and Guns.. Hundreds and more

Save you from one
Well, if it's quality that counts, I'll assume vocals counts. So: guitar, piano, banjo, drums, vocals.
Well, guitar is my main instrument.
I can play piano, drum kit and bass competently.
I played cello and the recorder in primary school, but I've forgotten now.
I can also play percussion instruments fairly well.

All in all, I'd say the only instrument I really play with dedication is the guitar, but I'd make my answer 4; guitar, piano, drums, bass.
I can play the guitar with some degree of skill.

I am also capable of playing trombone and harmonica but to a much lesser degree.

I understand the concept of drumming.

So I guess 1.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Guitar, bass, and keyboard. I've dabbled in playing harmonica, drums, trombone (Jr. High band), and Saxophone (also Jr. High band) but idk if you'd actually count those since i don't play them anymore. SO I put 3
I play bass fairly well, guitar horribly...I played bassoon for six years and could probably pick it back up easily, but I haven't had access to one in four years or so. So 2 or 3.
I can play guitar, bass, drums, piano, I can sing, and to a much lesser degree dabble at playing the saxophone.
I play guitar and sing. I used to play piano. I can lay down a beat on a drumset, and I can play a bass if you give me one. But the only instruments that I really play are guitar and my voice, if that counts as an instrument.
Guitar and bass.

I want to learn drums and piano too, however I can't right now since I'm practically broke.
Quote by Kikuta
Sell your Valvestate to brainless 17 year old for mighty sums of dollars. Purchase a JMP for a pittance from a desperate seller. Masturbate to pictures of yourself and your new, real Marshall. Eternal glory awaits.

Last edited by rocknrolldude43 at Dec 30, 2009,
Guitar and Trumpet for me.

I attempt drums and piano and bass, but I didnt count those since I havent taken the time to actually get past the very basic stuff.
I play guitar primarily, and with the greatest amount of skill.

I play bass, piano, and flute fairly well, and I play drums decently.

Edit: I also sing, forgot about that one.

It was the only task I would undertake...

I P R O G
...to reap the harvest that was mine

- [ P R O G - H E A D ? ] -
Guitar,bass,keyboard.In that order.
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
Guitar, bass and saxophone.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
So, are we going with instruments we can actually play, or instruments we can actually play plus instruments we occasionally fuck around on?

I seriously doubt 30% of people in this poll know their way around 4 or more instruments. I'm guessing it's just a case of 'I can play guitar, therefore I think I can play bass'.

Anyway, I play piano and violin. I play guitar and fretless bass and know my way around but have never had any proper training. I'm also having vocal lessons and I'm a bass in a Classical choir.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
I hate these threads because people tend to list every instrument they've ever dicked around with for 5 minutes.

I can only play 3 with any degree of skill. Piano, guitar and flute. I don't count bass because it is close enough to guitar that you can generally play them both if you play one.

Also, shit like ukulele, harmonica, and didgeridoo don't count as they are instruments anybody can learn in a few hours.

/semi-rant
PM me for newts
Last edited by StewieSwan at Dec 30, 2009,
Guitar, piano and trumpet.

Classically trained in the trumpet :-)
I play guitar, though Im not amazing. I used to be first chair trumpet for a while, but a neuromuscular disease caused my fingers to not be able to keep up, and I had to trade it for percussion. I was head of the drumline at my HS this year, so I guess around 2.5? I dabble in bass when one is available, but that doesnt count...
I'm kinda one of those guys that can pick up almost any instrument and get a pretty good tune out of it. Apart from most brass instruments and instruments played with a bow, (which I can always pluck, like a double bass) I can pretty much handle anything else.
I've found that rather than familiarising myself with certain instruments, it's better to familiarise myself with 'groups' of instruments.

For instance, I can play piano fairly well, but I can also play harpsichord, synth, or even accordian to a certain extent.
I can play a guitar, but I can also play a bass, or a mandolin, or a ukalele.
I can play a flute, but I can also play a recorder, or a penny whistle, or an ocarina.

It's just a case of familiarising yourself to each individual instrument's particular quirks.
Page 1 of 2