I recently bought a pair of bookshelf speakers and a subwoofer, and I'm wondering if I need special wires/transistors(?) to make them work? Don't wanna be disappoitned not being able to use them when they arrive.. Thanks for the help.
Quote by Garret.
fortify your anus

you never know what could happen
Quote by happytimeharry
I just had an odd mental image of someone building up a fort around their asshole made out of Lincoln Logs.

Quote by sacred_silence7
it's cause you forgot to put in an extra hammer-on

MUSE FAN?!!
You will need a receiver/bookshelf system and speaker wire.

Can you provide pictures?
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
speakers

subwoofer

are those receiver/bookshelf system expensive? how much does an okay one run?
Quote by Garret.
fortify your anus

Quote by happytimeharry
I just had an odd mental image of someone building up a fort around their asshole made out of Lincoln Logs.

Quote by sacred_silence7

MUSE FAN?!!
Those are nice speakers. For a nice Stereo receiver, you could get one for about $150 at Best Buy. However, at Amazon or another online retailer, you could probably find one for around $99.

Try looking on Craigslist for your area for receivers.

Bookshelf systems are cheaper, and come with speakers of their own. However, they're slightly more complicated to set up. What were you going to play through these speakerS? Just music, or movies?

What would the music be coming from?
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
oh.. damn. there's no way around spending that extra $100? I was thinking I was gonna hook up my speakers regularly like I would with the ones I have right now with maybe a few more cables or something..
Did you mean I would need a stereo receiver just for the woofer? and more stuff for my bookshelf system? I'm just interested in using these for rock music, playing along with my guitar.
Quote by Garret.
fortify your anus

Quote by happytimeharry

Quote by sacred_silence7

MUSE FAN?!!
Do you have any speaker hooked up right now already? A bookshelf system is something that you can buy at Walmart for like $40, but will sound bad and make the subwoofer next to worthless.

The receiver is your best bet. Those are nice speakers and a nice subwoofer (I have those SB-3000s myself). However, if you already have something, you could just replace your current speakers.
Wait so I can choose to use them with or without the receiver? Can you briefly explain what a receiver does if you can please?
How I hook up my speaker right now is just plug in straight thru the speaker line on my computer..
Quote by Garret.
fortify your anus

Quote by happytimeharry

Quote by sacred_silence7

MUSE FAN?!!
A receiver "receives" a signal from say a CD player, a DVD player, or an iPod. The receiver amplifies it to make it louder, and then sends it to your speakers.

You currently have computer speakers, which hook up differently than the speakers you just bought. If you want to use the speakers and subwoofer you just bought, you are going to need a receiver.
I see.. Thanks for your help.
Quote by Garret.
fortify your anus

Quote by happytimeharry

Quote by sacred_silence7

MUSE FAN?!!
No problem man