Hey guys, i have about $200-300 to upgrade my MIM strat. I know i want to replace the pickups and pickguard and tuners. I was leaning towards picking something up from GFS. What do you think?
IMO, gfs has some really good pickups for the price, but with your buget, you might be able to swing a 'brand name' set of pups...

It kind of sounds like you're looking at a pre-wired gfs pickguard... Is that the case?

p.s. Yay for the first post on my new iPod
i was gonna buy the pickups, and wire them myself, at least i was hoping too, it didn't seem like it would be that hard.
Classic Rock is such a vague genre. Can you be more specific?

Also, are you looking to stick with single-coils, or for stacked humbuckers?
My guitar modification blog.
Quote by MuffinMan
Jesus was all like "To those about to rock, I salute you." then he grabbed his mighty axe and rocked the Romans out really hard. Of course they were strict classical music so....
Quote by Black Star
Classic Rock is such a vague genre. Can you be more specific?

Also, are you looking to stick with single-coils, or for stacked humbuckers?

I was think single coils. Honestly, i listen to every kind of music. I want some very versital.
sorry about the fairly useless post, there.. I was just excited about my new toy

..maybe the seymour duncan vintage pickups (SSL2 and SSL1, I think) for the neck and middle..

then maybe something hotter in the bridge?
maybe a seymour duncan hot, or SD custom?
You could just get the tex mex ones you get on American Standards. What colour is your guitar and would you be prepared to paint it?
Quote by slash11896
I picked up my guitar this morning and started playing next thing i know i cant stop playing In the key of A, the first letter or her name, I ended up recording a whole song in A.

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
Quote by simplechords
Hey guys, i have about $200-300 to upgrade my MIM strat. I know i want to replace the pickups and pickguard and tuners. I was leaning towards picking something up from GFS. What do you think?
Some of the pickups from GFS might be an upgrade from those found on an MiM, but the tuners won't be. The tuners on an MiM are quite good.

Why do you think you need new tuners? If you're having problems with tuning stability, you should determine the cause. It could be caused by your trem, too much friction at the nut or string trees, or improper string wrapping at on the tuners. While locking tuners will eliminate problems you're causing by too many wraps on a conventional tuner, they won't do a thing to help with the friction issues or a trem that doesn't always return to the same position.

Figure out the source of the problem before spending money on tuners.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
If you want versatility, you really should consider a humbucker for the bridge. If you get a splitable HB, you'll still be able to get traditional strat tones too.